Respected Contributor

Re: đź‘—PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

[ Edited ]

I was not impressed with any of the outfits this week. 

Claire should have never won $25,000 for that outfit.  It was normal.   I liked Kentaro's without the jacket! 

I can't wait for next week.  Poor Michael. I would have thrown her under the bus.  I hope he stays since he has so much going for him.

I'm glad that Margarita had immunity.  She really showed her good side with her win last week and glad that Claire changed her top so it didn't look like her dress.  That's the only thing I liked about Claire's look.  I can't believe the going on with emotion with her and Shawn.  I was getting tired of the "babe" and "I love you" between them.  It's not like they aren't going to see each other again. 

Kenya's was just too matronly but liked the skirt even though it was a tad too tight for her model.  The peplum was just too short and it made her look even more short waisted.  The print was not good for me either.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the comments that the producers set up the situation and are milking it for all it's worth.

When Heidi kept asking "What's going on?" the look on her face - to me - betrayed any resemblance of ignorance. She had a big grin that almost looked liked "I have to act like I don't know what's going on."

Although I don't like Claire, I did like her outfit the best and it fit her model well.

I think that had Kenya's skirt and peplum top fit she would have won. The print of the top was perfect for a dixie cup and the skirt was lovely.

Not a fan of Kantaro or Brandon. If fact, there hasn't been a week where I've thought that anything was truly outstanding.

If Claire is sent packing I don't think Tim will use his save.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

Last night was a disaster IMO.  It became clear to me that Shawn should find something else to do other than designing.  As far as Claire, she is a smidge more tolerable, but not by much.  

I find their relationship to be a very toxic co-dependant but that's me.  

I had hopes that Kentauro would take the win, being that the majority of the judges swooned over it; I guess since Heidi produces the show, she got what she wanted.  While Claire's design was nice, Kentauro's was much classier IMO.  

Margarita was fortunate to have immunity or she could have gone home.

If we find out next week that Claire did in fact copy the outfit/pants, then she should go home.  I think Michael was at the end of his rope with what's been going on with the twins and last night, he just lost it, so rather than making a scene and saying things on stage, it was his way of "needing space".  

They should have addressed the twins long before last night IMO or maybe this is what the producers want is yet more drama.  

I'll be shocked if they really do send Claire packing and I really hope if they do, Tim doesn't use his save on her.

@HisElk1  Midhael did make a scene, it sent tim rushing to him.  He didn't have the courage to say something to Claire, same with Margarita, poor losers.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

Last night was a disaster IMO.  It became clear to me that Shawn should find something else to do other than designing.  As far as Claire, she is a smidge more tolerable, but not by much.  

I find their relationship to be a very toxic co-dependant but that's me.  

I had hopes that Kentauro would take the win, being that the majority of the judges swooned over it; I guess since Heidi produces the show, she got what she wanted.  While Claire's design was nice, Kentauro's was much classier IMO.  

Margarita was fortunate to have immunity or she could have gone home.

If we find out next week that Claire did in fact copy the outfit/pants, then she should go home.  I think Michael was at the end of his rope with what's been going on with the twins and last night, he just lost it, so rather than making a scene and saying things on stage, it was his way of "needing space".  

They should have addressed the twins long before last night IMO or maybe this is what the producers want is yet more drama.  

I'll be shocked if they really do send Claire packing and I really hope if they do, Tim doesn't use his save on her.

@HisElk1  Midhael did make a scene, it sent tim rushing to him.  He didn't have the courage to say something to Claire, same with Margarita, poor losers.

@mousiegirl, we are each welcome to our own opinions; so we can respectfully agree to disagree.  

Honored Contributor

I liked Kentaro's & Claire's outfits the best last night. I would have picked K as the winner because it was more dramatic, but Claire's fit the challenge too. This was an everyday woman challenge so I think that helped her along with her print working well on a Dixie cup. Heidi clearly preferred Claire's over Kentaro's and her opinion obviously won out over Zac and Nina who thought Kentaro's was better.  

I don't understand the sudden cheating allegations. It sounds like the designers think this has been going on for awhile - maybe I misunderstood? Regardless, someone should have mentioned it before the runway. I have seen designers bring their concerns to producers and Tim in the workroom in previous seasons. IMO there was no reason to wait until a winner was announced. 

Claire seemed utterly puzzled at their reactions on the runway last night. I don't know if she is just pretending for  the camera or not. Guess we'll find out next week. 

Trusted Contributor

I tried to put myself in these designers' shoes.  From the beginning they have been in a pressure cooker type environment that could impact their whole lives.  Because they are creative many of them are very emotional type personalities.  

Then they have had to deal with the twins.... who many have been viewing as "cheating" because they both consulted, created and designed each others project runway fashions.... and really gotten away with it.  They also have been "copying" other peoples' pieces.... a black top one of the twins presented as hers come to my mind and it was a model's top (if I remember correctly) to begin with .... also the twins never shut up and they were just plain disruptive.

Now ...one of the twins was gone.... and they perhaps had hope that the drama would subside.... but the twin that was left still "designed" her first top to copy one of the other designers which had already gone down the runway and then changed it to something that looked like it came off the rack.... 

Who knows what causes someone to break down?  

When someone is in a pressure type situation anything can make someone flip his lid!

Who is right and who is wrong??

I am not going to judge.... however, I can understand and empathize with these designers.  

Honored Contributor

Heidi didn't like Kentaro's gown, so she probably has more pull than the other judges.  If it's a tie, she is probably the tie breaker.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

This is my take on last nights episode. I think the integrity of the show is 

compromised. This show for me was always about fashion and the designers. 

This show does not need this chaos and drama. 

In past,seasons I have some beautiful designs emerge from Project Runway. 

This season not one design had take. My breathe away. 

With that being said if in fact Claire cheated as others have said it should 

have been addressed when it was seen. Not when the winner was announced. 

Reporting cheating is not throwing someone under the bus. It is keeping the 

competition fair and honest. If she is sent home due to cheating I do not 

think Tim could use his save for that. 

Also if Margarita felt that in the beginning that Claire was copying her design 

and she was, then say so. There is always a respectful way to speak to people. 

She ruined her own design by not doing so. That is on her. I do not like Claire

but if you do not speak up, then too bad. 

Michael and Margarita should have reported the cheating first thing. Now both 

look like sore losers. And both their designs were ugly. 

Kenya's design was awful. That poor woman looked terrible. I hate peplums. 

Always have. I do not finding them flattering at all. 

I will finish the season as it is almost over. I just hope next season returns 

to what Project Runway used to be. Not this drama filled cesspool. 

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

This is my take on last nights episode. I think the integrity of the show is 

compromised. This show for me was always about fashion and the designers. 

This show does not need this chaos and drama. 

In past,seasons I have some beautiful designs emerge from Project Runway. 

This season not one design had take. My breathe away. 

With that being said if in fact Claire cheated as others have said it should 

have been addressed when it was seen. Not when the winner was announced. 

Reporting cheating is not throwing someone under the bus. It is keeping the 

competition fair and honest. If she is sent home due to cheating I do not 

think Tim could use his save for that. 

Also if Margarita felt that in the beginning that Claire was copying her design 

and she was, then say so. There is always a respectful way to speak to people. 

She ruined her own design by not doing so. That is on her. I do not like Claire

but if you do not speak up, then too bad. 

Michael and Margarita should have reported the cheating first thing. Now both 

look like sore losers. And both their designs were ugly. 

Kenya's design was awful. That poor woman looked terrible. I hate peplums. 

Always have. I do not finding them flattering at all. 

I will finish the season as it is almost over. I just hope next season returns 

to what Project Runway used to be. Not this drama filled cesspool. 

@lenapecci  There has been much more drama on other seasons, season 3 for instance, remember that one, Jeffrey Sebelia won, also accused of cheating, couldn't stand him or his clothes.  The difference was that there were real designers in that season so the drama was just bearable

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the reason they didn’t speak up before the runway is they never thought she would win. Shawn designed the model’s day off look on the very dress the model was wearing when they met. The twins helped each other non stop in the work room.One designer said she designed her winning pants on a pair of pants she had worn to the work room. I know nothing is new but there seems to be a lot shady stuff with both twins.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.