Honored Contributor

Re: đź‘—PROJECT RUNWAY 16 "Road To The Runway" is on now!

@Katcat1 wrote:

I sort of felt sorry for the guy that got eliminated last night 9/14.  That pink outfit was not even finished and he had pieces of fabric hanging all over -- what a hot mess.  He said he was sorry he did not get a chance to show some of work.  OMG!  Liar -- you showed it tonight and it was horrible.  Take some lessons in sewing and design and then give it another try.  I think the designer showing the most promise is the 24 hear blond guy with the short pony tail that made that pink design fabric with white sleeves and the pink fabric tying the sleeves.  He has a great imagination.  I always love the fashion show at the end with the top 3.  

@Katcat1  It was the blond guy in shorts, right?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,  It was the strange guy that had see through shorts last week and I think he has some pink in this hair and he wears glasses.  Good riddens!  What he designed this past Thursday was a piece of junk -- literally.  He did not sew hems on anything and threads were hanging it was a hot mess.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I loved all of the top three this week.  Although Brandon's design blew me away, I thought the concept was supposed to be evening wear (maybe I'm wrong about that) and I just didn't see an evening wear look with his design.  To be a little nitpicky, I also didn't think the sleeves went went the design.  They had more of a peasant wear look.  I would have given the win to either Kenya or Michael.  I knew Aaron was going home from almost the very start.  Nice guy but hardly a designer.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I loved all of the top three this week.  Although Brandon's design blew me away, I thought the concept was supposed to be evening wear (maybe I'm wrong about that) and I just didn't see an evening wear look with his design.  To be a little nitpicky, I also didn't think the sleeves went went the design.  They had more of a peasant wear look.  I would have given the win to either Kenya or Michael.  I knew Aaron was going home from almost the very start.  Nice guy but hardly a designer.

I think the concept was just good and evil and no mention of evening wear.  I loved the sleeves of Brandon's and thought that's what made the outfit.  I loved Michael's also.  Aaron was a good guy but his designs left me yawning!

Honored Contributor

I don't post as much as I used to but wanted to

add kudos to 

@Sweetbabyjane who does a great job posting

PR threads -  I think we all really appreciate her

threads!❤️💛❤️

_______

@newziesuzie I see you haven't posted in a while and just wanted to say I hope you are doing well and will return to the boards soon . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh goodness please tell me I did not see/hear the judges praising Kenya's outfit.  I thought after that Holstein fabric that it would be in the bottom and after seeing the design I was sure she would be on the bottom?

eta:  I am fine with who won but for me I still have a problem with who was in the bottom as Kenya's outfit just shrieked of the cheap outfits I used to buy when I was first entering the workplace and had to make sure the temperature on the iron was set at a low setting so I didn't melt the fabric. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I am so disgusted with this show. The twins should be e!iminated. IMHO they are cheating. No other designer has other designers sewing and creating their clothing. So unfair!!

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I am so disgusted with this show. The twins should be e!iminated. IMHO they are cheating. No other designer has other designers sewing and creating their clothing. So unfair!!

@elated I am so with you on this.  I know the show is heavily edited but this week was out of bounds in terms of "helping".  I know in previous shows that other designers have lent a hand when someone is in the weeds but this was blatant.  It also bothers me that next week's preview indicates that maybe the twins will have a falling out . . . blech.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@elated, I'm with you.  After all of the explaining that Tim did and Zach's comment, I thought for sure one of them would be gone.  It's so wrong.  

Honored Contributor

I was pleased that the design I thought the best won. 

As to the twin helping her sister. It's too subjective to eliminate one or both of them when every season designers help one another. How could they determine when it's too much help? Shawn allows her sister to take advantage of her and Clair is unbelievably thoughtless and selfish. It's up to Shawn to say enough.