Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

[ Edited ]

He's working with the Governor of New York to switch his resources from producing fashion to making face masks for medical personnel. 

 

Bless his huge heart.  And many of us knew him when! 

💗  What a fine human being.

 

Most links have political artilcles too so hopefully this one to Elle is safe:

 

Link Removed

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,336
Registered: ‎06-14-2010

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

Soriano has come a long way and is a success.  I heard about him making masks and I thank him for his act of kindness during this chaos.  It's uplifting.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,034
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

What a terrific idea!  I read this earlier that he had a sewing team and was ready to go.  

 

He has created a great reputation, first for dressing ladies with curves, and now offering his staff to make masks.  I applaud him and his company once again!

 

 



......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 318
Registered: ‎11-08-2019

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

There's a company here in Vegas, Altered State Textile Imaging, making masks. They came on the TV, and said, 'If you know how to sew, we need you". I did work like this when I was 20. Those machines are very fast. I'd consider it, but don't have a car to get there.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,856
Registered: ‎07-25-2010

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

What a great thing for him to do...as well as all the companies and individuals who are stepping up.  There was a bit on our local news tonight about a local crafting group who were making masks for the hospital from a pattern they got online.  They were asking for donations of elastic, as they were having a hard time finding it in stores now.

 

They said they will start making them with ties if they have to...I guess the elastic makes for the best fit, though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,451
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

He's working with the Governor of New York to switch his resources from producing fashion to making face masks for medical personnel. 

 

Bless his huge heart.  And many of us knew him when! 

💗  What a fine human being.

 

Most links have political artilcles too so hopefully this one to Elle is safe:

 

 


@LoriLori  this literally made me sob (not cry, sob) and I thank you for posting this for others to know who is stepping up in these times!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks


@Tangocash wrote:

There's a company here in Vegas, Altered State Textile Imaging, making masks. They came on the TV, and said, 'If you know how to sew, we need you". I did work like this when I was 20. Those machines are very fast. I'd consider it, but don't have a car to get there.


 

@Tangocash  I have no idea why the link to Elle was removed and have asked the mod but point here is that his people will all be working from home.  That's much safer. 

 

Good for Altered State Textile but far better if they can train people to do it at home Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,110
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks


@mtc wrote:


@LoriLori  this literally made me sob (not cry, sob) and I thank you for posting this for others to know who is stepping up in these times!  


 

I'm sobbing right along with you, babe 😥  In the midst of so muich bad news, what a hero and we remember when he was practically still a kid and they called him Princess Puffy Sleeves (even though he'd interned with Westwood and Alexander McQueen)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,867
Registered: ‎02-02-2015

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

Christian is a class act.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,449
Registered: ‎01-06-2015

Re: PR's Christian: from fashion to face masks

Fine example of the best in the US in the midst of all this. I follow him on Instagram- he posted a prototype on a person's face and medical people posted tips for how he could improve it.

"Equality is the soul of liberty; there is, in fact, no liberty without it."