Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I think George is the father of the baby that Elizabeth had before she died (I think it's a daughter?).   But she had convinced George that she always delivered her children early when Valentine was born less than 9 months after she'd married George, thus the potion she had Dr. Enys concoct to induce her early that led to her demise.

I don't think Enys concocted the potion. She went to some other doctor who gave her the liquid and the instructions. Enys discovered it after her death, I think, and realized what had happened.

@jonbon  Thanks for remembering better than I did!  I sort of vaguely remember Elizabeth asking Dr. Enys if he could help her deliver the child early & he told her no, but I might be wrong on that, too!

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What happened to the baby elizabeth had before she died? I never see it mentioned ,is it the bay i see the nurse maid carrying around?

Yes Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Sidebar and off topic -- my dad's father blamed his baby girl when his wife died in childbirth. The baby went to live with wife's sister's family. 1919. It didn't matter that my grandmother was 34 and it was her 9th pregnancy..... When I watch Poldark I think of how difficult life was. Writers do an excellent job showing this. Sorry for the sidebar. 

Is the George's little, dark-haired boy really Poldarks? I should know this since I watch. This fact must have slipped by me.     

Yes!

Valued Contributor

I'm going to start watching this show, but I'll be sure to start at the beginning and not skip a show.

Trusted Contributor

Another doctor gave Elizabeth the potion that killed her. It was NOT Dr. Enys. Dr. Enys found the potion later. 

Esteemed Contributor

George has gone off the deep end and is nutting out. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched lastnights episode......unless something fabulous happened.................was going to say that i am not enjoying this last final season of Poldark as much as previous seasons...................too much about the Ned guy and his wife, too much of the political situation, less about the families....Georges miraculous recovery (??? really?) 

I am sure this may all be building up to some disaster for 

Polark and family since everyone keeps warning him that Ned is dangerous to be around..........but to me not too interesting getting there.........................

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17  I agree it's a let down. That Debbie Horsefield wrote this season, it's not based on Winston Graham's books and her writing isn't very good. The Jeffrey Charles romance is boring as is the Drake/Morwenna issue. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with this season, not very interesting.  I hoped for more being the last season.  I missed a few episodes a few weeks ago when I was out of town and I never went back and watched.  I am not sure how many episodes are left, but let's hope they are better.

Honored Contributor

I recorded all of this season't episodes, but hadn't watched any yet.

Last night, I deleted them all.  I have no idea why, but I'm not interested in watching the final season.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?