Honored Contributor

Re: POSE on FX is back tomorrow night- 6/11

I had the same red fringe dress Candy had on during her lip sync.  I wore white go-go boots w/mine. Smiley LOL

Why was Candy given a "small" trophy instead of the huge one when one gets all "10s?" confused.gif

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at Wed, Jul 10, 2019-12.37.58 PM.png

Did anyone notice during the lip sync scene, Angel in the crowd dancing moves were "male" moves rather than "female?" Oops.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

That last episode was very emotional. I cried. It's still a real struggle for people like Candy to live in the world today. I don't think things will ever change regarding acceptance or understanding of people like her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After the last two episodes, I was ready for some "light"ness. Light as in opposite of dark and light as in opposite of heavy.  Of course Elektra had to bring her own brand of drama to the party but it was a somewhat fun episode.

I read none of the female trans actresses were nominated for an Emmy; however, Billy Porter was nominated for Lead Actor in a Dramatic Series and POSE was nominated for Outstanding Drama.

Posting this because Indya Moore looks beautiful.

12 Times Indya Moore’s Red Carpet Pose Gave Us A True Beauty Moment

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

The trans community will forever face scrutiny no matter where their talents may be found. That's a cryin' shame imo. Good for Porter! He surely deserves the recognition, though not a trans I don't believe.

Honored Contributor

I almost feel guilty for this but I'm ready for less Candy going forward. She is after all supposed to be dead.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique 

I have a bad feeling about Candy being there as much as she is. Could be that something is about to happen to Pray and we all know what that is, and I think that might be inevitable. But the 'Show' must go on and someone else will have to take the reigns...but who??

BTW, I very much enjoyed all of the singing! Wonderful voices and touching lyrics.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   yes the performances were stellar. Thoroughly enjoyed Fredericka, Blanca's landlady played by Patti Lupone. I knew she was up to something but didn't think it was locking Blanca out. As for Pray, I'm choosing to think they are going to find the correct cocktail of drugs and he will be around for a while.

The group rendition of Stevie Wonder's "Love's In Need of Love Today" was my favorite but then Stevie's a favorite. In my opinion few albums rank with his masterpiece that song is from: "Songs In The Key of Life". Pray joining Blanca took it to a different level.

Honored Contributor

I had high hopes for this thread when the show returned but it's beginning to feel like I'm the only one watching this terrific show.

Oh well. Maybe next season.

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching.  Angel is headed for big trouble if she doesn't 'clean up her act'.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night's (8/6) episode was sooOO good. The acting could not be any better. Blanca stole the show. Amazing performance, especially when she had words for both Pray and Electra...so convincing. I loved that diner scene with all the queens, when Pray told them about his lover...hilarious!! The comments had me LOL!Smiley LOL