Respected Contributor

Well yes, the sister isn't with child.  She is quite a stinger.  I have not read the books so I am hoping Morwenna can get out of that marriage to the Vicar.  I didn't care for the Hugh character that much.  I realize he loved Demelza very much but she belongs to Ross and they make a great couple.  OK on to next week.

Honored Contributor

Re: POLDARK On Masterpiece

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
The vicar is going to try to put Morwenna in an asylum.

Spoiler regarding the vicar and Morwenna.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Related image

Super Contributor

Cakers: I saw Poldark back in '70's, the original. But I've forgotten a lot. I prefer Ross with Elizabeth. Do you have a spoiler you can send? Do they ever get back together? And, how long is PBS going to drag Poldark series out?  The return is great, but waiting a year + to get back into the story is not great. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:
Spoiler
The vicar is going to try to put Morwenna in an asylum.

Spoiler regarding the vicar and Morwenna.

Spoiler regarding the vicar:

Spoiler
The vicar will be dead soon.
Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

Cakers: I saw Poldark back in '70's, the original. But I've forgotten a lot. I prefer Ross with Elizabeth. Do you have a spoiler you can send? Do they ever get back together? And, how long is PBS going to drag Poldark series out?  The return is great, but waiting a year + to get back into the story is not great. Thanks!

Obviously I am not @Cakers3 but to my eye Ross dodged a bullet when Elizabeth didn’t wait for him.  I prefer the newer version of Poldark to the older one.

Respected Contributor

I have never seen the 70's version.  I started watching this one on Amazon.  It is really a good series. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

Obviously I am not @Cakers3 but to my eye Ross dodged a bullet when Elizabeth didn’t wait for him.  I prefer the newer version of Poldark to the older one.

@bonappetit@tansy  I agree Ross belongs with Demelza.

I don't dislike Elizabeth-heaven knows she has had a rough go of it-I just think Ross and Demelza have better chemistry (plus 2 children).  Demelza is smart and down to earth, which is what Ross needs.  Elizabeth still rides a higher horse, so to speak.

I didn't see the 70's series so I cannot say if Ross goes back with Elizabeth.  I don't see it happening. 

I believe 2019 is the last year for this verson of Poldark.

Respected Contributor

Iz Re: POLDARK On Masterpiece

I absolutely LOVE this show.  I can remember a bit of the 1970's Poldark when I was a kid in England.  Even the guy that played the original Poldark has made appearances on this version.