Respected Contributor

How many episodes of Poldark will we be "granted" by PBS before they end the series again? Love this show, hate the long, long, long breaks. Please let me know how long I can look forward to watching something good on TV. Lean times!

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Ross emerging from the sea in the opening scene - highlight of my night!  Really, really dislike the minister.  Hope something happens to make him go away soon.

I agree.  He is the most evil person, even more than George.  I don't think I have despised a character more than him. 

@luvmybeetle I think the difference between the two for me is, George is just nasty. Yes he's evil but the preacher is physically and mentally abusive. 😡 That's pure unadulterated evil. It offends me to look at the preacher. I just get mad when I'm watching George. I totally agree with you.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Ross emerging from the sea in the opening scene - highlight of my night!  Really, really dislike the minister.  Hope something happens to make him go away soon.

I agree.  He is the most evil person, even more than George.  I don't think I have despised a character more than him. 

@luvmybeetle I think the difference between the two for me is, George is just nasty. Yes he's evil but the preacher is physically and mentally abusive. 😡 That's pure unadulterated evil. It offends me to look at the preacher. I just get mad when I'm watching George. I totally agree with you.

---

I think they are about equal in their degrees of evil. After all, George would have innocent men hanged. In previous seasons, he has had people beaten and shot.

The actor playing the vicar is so good. I think he adds a lot to the show, even if the character is odious.

Respected Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

Oh yes!  He is one handsome human.  The minister is so repugnant.

Respected Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

You are exactly right.  During last year's shows where he demands Morwenna to do her wifely duty during and just after pregnancy is disgusting. I wonder what happened to her sister.  I know she was going to marry that other guy, but I hope they let us know. 

Honored Contributor

If it follows the book Rowenna did marry the librarian. She lied about being pregnant to blackmail the vicar.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Oh yes!  He is one handsome human.  The minister is so repugnant.

Oh Doctah! highlight of my night too.

Respected Contributor

Who watched last night?  I thought it was good.  So sad that Hugh died,  I was happy about the election though.  Also, the scene with the creepy vicar and the sister-in-law was good.  

Honored Contributor

I loved when they were all around the table and the vicar informed George that Ross, not Hugh, was to oppose him. I know he's awful, that vicar, but I can't help but like him. Maybe if I could care about  Drake and Morwenna but there is nothing appealing about either of them.

Her sister doesn't just mope about, she does something.

Regular Contributor

oh Ross. you are gorgeous and strong but I am afraid I am  broken hearted by the loss of our young Hugh Armitage.. He was here too short,, I wish they played it out alitle longer..He was soooo  poetic..sigh...