Honored Contributor

Re: PLACES IN THE HEART (MOVIE 1985)

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Oznell  I think Malkovich is my favorite character in the movie. Love the scenes when he frantically looks for Possum during the tornado, and when he asks Sally Field what she looks like.

@Pearlee   and when he tried to help Danny Glover when the KKK had him.  The entire film was superb from beginning to end.

@mousiegirl  I didn't list that one because it's not a favorite of mine. The other two I mentioned were touching. That KKK scene is just horrible, even though I do love how Malkovich started identifying them so they skeedaddled.

@Pearlee   That's what I meant, how he acted toward them and in so doing, helped Danny be released..  The scene was frightening and how it was in the South.  John was not my favorite actor, but he did a fine job of acting a difficult character, having to appear blind, etc.

@mousiegirl  Yeah, I know the point of that scene but will never list it as a favorite.  Yes, Malkovich was great in the film,and I don't particularly like him either.

Honored Contributor

This movie had me when Danny Glover taught the little boy to 'turn around three times' and the rest of it. So cute. So sweet. I, too, saw this in '85 when it came out and totally forgot about it. LOVED it.

Just saw Ed Harris is a 2020 movie, Resistance. He played Patton-only scenes were beginning and ending. He has aged well. His features are very attractive today-has much character in his face.  .

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Judaline  I agree with what you said about Harris.  I did see current photos online of the couple where their skin is much more wrinkled than in the photo you posted.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I think if you can keep your contours you can still look good with a few lines/wrinkles. He sure does!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee  I think if you can keep your contours you can still look good with a few lines/wrinkles. He sure does!

@Judaline  From the photos I saw, they both had more than "a few wrinkles" but I still think they look good, which was my point when I first posted about how they had aged. The  look older than in the photo you posted, but still good. And I'm happy they are still married.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline  From the photos I saw, they both had more than "a few wrinkles" but I still think they look good, which was my point when I first posted about how they had aged. The  look older than in the photo you posted, but still good. And I'm happy they are still married.

Yes, it's really fabulous. A rare Hollywood occurrence.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this movie again,just awesome,wonderful acting an actors.I probably will watch it again!

Honored Contributor

For those who like this film, it is on again tomorrow (5/9) 

TCM at 2:15 p.m. ET 👍

Honored Contributor

Reminder: this is on soon.

Honored Contributor

For fans of this film who get HULU, it's available for playing. I'm in a free trial period for that service and I noticed it last night. I think I'll watchbit before my trial period ends.