Honored Contributor

Re: PINOCCHIO Starring Tom Hanks

I don't care for the Pinocchio story or Tom Hanks. Does he have to be in everything? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: PINOCCHIO Starring Tom Hanks

@drizzellla wrote:

@colleena wrote:

@kittykatkay  Was looking forward to watching this but unfortunately I felt it was like watching paint dry, Tom Hanks & the cgi characters seemed very flat, the story was the same w/a very few updates.  Cynthia Erivo as the blue fairy singing When you Wish Upon a Star was excellent.  

I was so disappointed when I saw "Saving Mr. Banks". Tom Hanks made Walt Disney look stiff. It was so sad to watch how Mr. Disney was portrayed.

Walt Disney was quite a guy. When he was beginning with cancer, he still went to the New York World's Fair. He had the Carousel of Progress appearing for the first time. Mr. Disney stood in line with everyone. He wanted to know how he could improve the time they stood in line and how it could be improved.  He cared about his product and wanted to improve it.

Tom Hanks spent his time trying to make his face appear like Mr Disney. He had no spark or warmth. He made Walt Disney look one dimensional.

I felt the same way about his portrayal of Colonel Parker in Elvis.