Respected Contributor

PINOCCHIO Starring Tom Hanks

Will be on the Disney + Channel beginning September 8. 

Here is a preview.  This looks adorable and something for the whole family.  I love everything that Tom Hanks stars in.  Will you be watching?

https://youtu.be/fBDaeuSQgok

Respected Contributor

Re: PINOCCHIO Starring Tom Hanks

I have always loved the song in this movie,.... "When You Wish Upon A Star".

Here is the original version in 1940 performed by Jiminy Cricket (Cliff Edwards).  Can't believe this movie is 82 years old.  WOW!

https://youtu.be/HKh6XxYbbIc

Honored Contributor

No

Respected Contributor

I love Tom Hanks, but last week I saw a pic of him and his wife and he looked incredibly thin.  I know he is diabetic but this looked more than that. I hope its just a lousy picture.

Esteemed Contributor

No

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Not my type of show. Don't care for Tom Hanks or his movies, except, Saving Private Ryan. The ending was sad for me. I didn't expect it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think so. Why not leave well enough alone?

Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay  Was looking forward to watching this but unfortunately I felt it was like watching paint dry, Tom Hanks & the cgi characters seemed very flat, the story was the same w/a very few updates.  Cynthia Erivo as the blue fairy singing When you Wish Upon a Star was excellent.  

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@kittykatkay  Was looking forward to watching this but unfortunately I felt it was like watching paint dry, Tom Hanks & the cgi characters seemed very flat, the story was the same w/a very few updates.  Cynthia Erivo as the blue fairy singing When you Wish Upon a Star was excellent.  

I was so disappointed when I saw "Saving Mr. Banks". Tom Hanks made Walt Disney look stiff. It was so sad to watch how Mr. Disney was portrayed.

Walt Disney was quite a guy. When he was beginning with cancer, he still went to the New York World's Fair. He had the Carousel of Progress appearing for the first time. Mr. Disney stood in line with everyone. He wanted to know how he could improve the time they stood in line and how it could be improved.  He cared about his product and wanted to improve it.

Tom Hanks spent his time trying to make his face appear like Mr Disney. He had no spark or warmth. He made Walt Disney look one dimensional.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla   Totally agree w/your comments on Saving Mr. Banks & Tom Hanks.

I did think that story had possibilities but just didn't translate well on camera.