Valued Contributor

Re: PEOPLE MAGAZINE: JULIA ROBERTS

kudo to People for going deeper than skin deep...I love it

Respected Contributor

julia is a great choice!  quite beautiful and the all american girl.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Julia Roberts, shes my favorite actress and I have seen every one of her movies. Shes so down to earth and not uppity. I believe they pick them not just on looks, but by everything about them. I have heard this long ago in one of the interviews from People. But I think shes really pretty, ala natural. Some people on other boards were mocking her saying shes not the most beautiful woman. Again it means all around looks and personality.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Lining

Do you actually know her?  

I personally know someone who worked on one of her films, which took about 14 weeks, and their assessment of her was identical to the comments in Post #28.  That person was in the same room and actually observed her behavior.  You don't specify your source ....  I don't know where you came up with "rude and unpleasant".

Trusted Contributor

@country gal wrote:

Have they ever picked Charlize Theron? I think she is drop-dead BEAUTIFUL!!

This exactly!  I was just getting ready to start typing.  I said this last year as well when Jennifer A. got the big prize.

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U

Julia has also had one of the best careers of all time in Hollywood.  She has made a lot of money for a lot of people.  I always enjoy her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Silver Lining

Do you actually know her?  

I personally know someone who worked on one of her films, which took about 14 weeks, and their assessment of her was identical to the comments in Post #28.  That person was in the same room and actually observed her behavior.  You don't specify your source ....  I don't know where you came up with "rude and unpleasant".

Yes, and my opinion is based on seeing and hearing her myself, not "I personally know SOMEONE who worked on one of her films" like you did. Residents and visitors of Smyrna and Marietta, like she and I were, see each other, we did, and generally shop at the same places, eat in the same local restaurants, use the same doctors and dentists, car dealorships, etc.  Oh yeah, a biggie. I was a reservationist for a major airline at Atlanta Hartsfield International. Lots of famous celebrities made contact with us. They do love special treatment. Some are nice, some aren't. They show their true colors when they are not at showbiz events and photo ops. That's my "source" and where I "came up" with my opinion of Julia. 

edited for typos

Honored Contributor

Interesting choice, I hear a lot of negative feedback about Ms. Roberts, secondly her teeth are too big for her face imo.

Respected Contributor

I think Julia would be the first one to say she does not think she is beautiful.  I think she is attractive.

Honored Contributor

Ridiculous...she's attractive but she's no great beauty and she doesn't look particularly young for her age as the magazine title says.  I don't know the woman, so whether I like her isn't an issue.  She must have a movie or two coming out shortly and this was just a PR move.