Honored Contributor

Escape to the chateau, any one watching this?  Just  amazing they want to  do this, must be very rich,and why does she dress like she does?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've watched it from the beginning.  Although it's not on my PBS station anymore.  The last time I saw it was on HGTV.

I guess Angel/Angela dresses that way because she like to.  She has an eclectic taste in design too.  Definitely not my style, but I think it suits her.

Respected Contributor

I accidentally turned this on one day and have watched it on PBS for quite awhile now, fun to see the progression of the chateau.  I enjoy it, she's lovely and her style is her unique style, and what they come up with in design and ideas is so different and exciting, a departure for sure from any other show.  Really enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like they're funding renovations / restoration via the TV series.  Great idea.

I'm not watching but look forward to Season Two of All Creatures Great and Small.

Esteemed Contributor
I enjoyed watching this when it was on HGTV. I admit I didn’t initially like Angel but I grew to appreciate her and her creativity. I couldn’t help but think what a wonderful hostess she (and her husband) must be.
Honored Contributor

Yes,  does any one wonder about the house is surrounded by water,and they have two kids?  They sure have so much work  to do, i thought the wall paper she did in their bedroom ,was a great idea,they both are very talented, don't have hgtv.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I adore this show! I have watched on PBS, HGTV and Youtube.  Fascinating ideas and execution.  Angel is highly creative and I often think, oh, I'm not sure about that design but when it's finished, I love it.  ****** is a trained engineer so he is able to execute all of on his own.

His background was retired military and the went into television as a host,producer and director.  Angel ran a very successful catering business in London.

The Chateau is used for events which generates income as well as a website that sells their merchandise. they are paid for the original TV Series on British TV and ****** does other TV shows for income.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_to_the_Chateau 

Respected Contributor

I watch the show on hgtv. Truly a unique couple. Very talented, although not my style. Love to watch what they come up with in decorating the chateau. Sometimes "artistic" people walk to the tune of a different drummer and are not afraid of looking different. 

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen the show, though I've heard of it.  I must say having he show is a plus for money in restoring.  I'm sure they got paid well to do this.  

Honored Contributor

My favorite show!  Love the show and love this family!  I wish I could find more seasons of it!  I know there are more but I can't find them.

Also --- Escape to the Chateau -- DIY --- is also great!  I'm watching it on Peacock.  It's not as good as ETTC, but it's very interesting.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin