Honored Contributor

That some posters found it to be all that and then some has me wondering if perhaps it's just too deep for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

That some posters found it to be all that and then some has me wondering if perhaps it's just too deep for me.

--------------

I think the only reason I am still watching is because I want an answer!!!  Don't really think it is/was the best PBS series I have seen! Am not a huge fan of flashbacks and the action was quite mediocre...until this last episode!!

Honored Contributor

@corita I want an answer too! I will watch it until the series is finished.

Trusted Contributor

@corita wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

--------------

I think the only reason I am still watching is because I want an answer!!!  Don't really think it is/was the best PBS series I have seen! Am not a huge fan of flashbacks and the action was quite mediocre...until this last episode!!

I just figured out on the last episode that there were "flashbacks!"  I'm a little slow!  Only watching because it comes on after Poldark and there's nothing else on Sunday. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure the finale gave us satisfying answers (for me, anyway) & it kind of left me going scratching my head & saying, "huh?".  It didn't make very much sense to me. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched the most recent episode, which I believe is the finale. It seemed to wrap up quickly, and I think they could have had another episode to wrap up the questions people had.

Quite frankly, I figured the ending would be different. I thought as a twist that it really was Laura in the coffin and that Anne had taken over her persona. I kept waiting for her sister or boyfriend to figure out that something wasn't quite right, that she had made a mistake and given herself away by saying something only her sister would have known was not right.

Was a bit of a letdown for me. I was hoping for a much bigger reason for all the secrecy than what Percival's secret was. And the Count......don't get his intent on knowing all that was going on.

Oh, well.......

Respected Contributor

During the first episode, I recalled once watching the 1948 classic version on TCM years ago.

F6EEC4AC-893A-460E-843D-B8686F9B614A.jpeg

I couldn’t recall exactly how it ended, so I hung in there. After the finale of this remake, I'm inclined to believe the classic version was better written, directed, acted and cast. It also wrapped up more cohesively, imo. 

About the only thing this remake excelled in was the set and better cinematography.