Respected Contributor

PBS The Boleyns - A Scandalous Family

Last week's episode one was great. Tonight is episode two.

In high school I had a US History teacher who loved Boleyn family lore so much that he would tell us their stories even though it had nothing to do with the curriculum.  

Respected Contributor

Re: PBS The Boleyns - A Scandalous Family

Oh I would love to catch that but it's football season and football all day Sunday!  Maybe I can find it and watch on a night when no football 🏈 

Regular Contributor

I am recording it and will watch all episodes back to back once it is completed.  I am sure it will be well worth it.  PBS always does an outstanding job with these types of shows.

Awhile back they did one on the wives of Henry VIII.  It was very interesting and gave a very different perspective.

Honored Contributor

I am watching the Boleyn's and enjoyed the first episode, the rest will be recorded.  I am familiar with some of the history surrounding the family and their rise and fall having read about them.  I love History so this is a must for me to watch.  I am a fan of Masterpiece Theater and love each and every offering, rarely disappointed.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3  Excellent series so far.  History was my major in college.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

This is an excellent series and gives you quite an education in palace intrigue and the Boleyn patriarch’s lust for increasing power and fortune.

Honored Contributor

I did a brass rubbing of Thomas Boleyn's grave marker. It was SO intricate and well done. That is why I did it. It took me about 6 hours to do. He was a tall man. The English ladies filled me in quite a bit about his history and the family.

I am sorry I missed the show. 

I keep saying one day I am going to have the brass rubbing of Thomas Boleyn framed but I need alot of wall space. And I have a number of other brass rubbings already framed.

Yes, you should have seen me. When I boarded the plane in London to go back home. I looked like I was carrying all my worldly possessions. I was even taken into a back room at Heathrow Airport. And ALL my stuff as scrutinized by about 10 people.

I bought a lot of crystal. I had a large brass rubbing framed. My Aunt thought that having it framed in England would be better. They are familiar with mounting and framing brass rubbings. And I also had a glass set and pitcher. I went crazy in Selfridge's.  I was quite a site to see.

Respected Contributor

I watched the 1st 2 episodes & the 3rd & final one showed on my local PBS station tonight.  I have it recorded, but haven't watched it yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the series . It's a wonder that  they didn't all have gastric ulcers   with all the stress and intrigue . As this family saga proved that ittook them 20 yrs  and then in all of 2 weeks they fell resulting in Ann Boleyn's beheading along with her brother George Boleyn.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thought it was interesting that Anne Boleyn was the mother of Elizabeth I & Elizabeth II was a direct descendant of her disgraced sister, Mary Boleyn.