Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed this movie last night, I thought it was great and not boring at all   ........   so glad I don't listen to other people's opinions, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I couldn't watch last night, but plan to later in the week.  I loved the book.  Looking forward to this.

Honored Contributor

I watched and thought it seemed over edited or should have been a series. In any case, poorly done.

Honored Contributor

It wasn’t one of my PBS favorites but I did enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

I had recorded this & finally watched it last night.  I enjoyed it & did some Googling re: Louise Brooks.   She was an interesting character, though she had a rather sad life.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1, I always like to judge for myself, everyone doesn't like the same thing!

@Hooty- I agree.  I'd have missed some wonderful things, if I'd relied on the critics' or other people's views.

I've recorded this; haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed this.  Nothing like I expected.  Have a question for those who watched this:

Near the end, Joseph's daughter who was now grown had a little girl whose name was not mentioned.  Even closed captioning described her as "little girl."  No mention of who the girl's father was.  Anyone know the answer to this?

It was kind of obvious what the final result was for all other characters including chaperone, husband, Joseph etc.  They were discussing soldiers at war, but never mentioned if girl's father was a soldier or who he was.  Did I miss something?

Thanks for any feedback.  I would recommend this movie.