Respected Contributor

Re: PBS - Masterpiece presents Breathless on Sunday, Aug. 24th

I just watched it (had it on tape) and really enjoyed this show. I am dying to know what happened in Cyprus and what this inspecter has on Otto that can ruin his career and life. Hooty - you said there are only two more episodes? There is so much happening and so much potential why would they have a show with only three episodes. I will be so disappointed if this is the case.

Honored Contributor

Do you think the inspector is the father of Elizabeth's son? Why else would Elizabeth be concerned about the inspector abducting him?

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 occasional rain said:

Do you think the inspector is the father of Elizabeth's son? Why else would Elizabeth be concerned about the inspector abducting him?

I had not thought about this, I guess this is the "big secret" of what happened in Cyprus!

I cannot believe next week is the last episode, and I am really liking it!

Valued Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Lilysmom said:

Hooty, I missed episode 1 of Breathless but have 2 set to record. Does anyone know if I can see 1 any other way? TIA? LM

Next sun on pbs krcb at 8pm is episode 1 then at 9pm on another channel is epi.3

I missed 2 and cant find a repeat darn!.

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Hooty said:

I had not thought about this, I guess this is the "big secret" of what happened in Cyprus!

That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? The inspector is nuts, I'm afraid. A real scary person. I thought she was arranging to kill him. Still might. Isn't there a movie called 'the only way out'? It very well may be, given the kind of person she's dealing with. But hey, they have a loveless marriage to begin with. I guess she wants to hang on-plus for the sake of the boy. I thought it was a very good episode. Is Otto truly besotted with the nurse or just wants another notch on his belt?? I think he is serious.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Judaline said:
On 9/1/2014 Hooty said:

That makes perfect sense, doesn't it? The inspector is nuts, I'm afraid. A real scary person. I thought she was arranging to kill him. Still might. Isn't there a movie called 'the only way out'? It very well may be, given the kind of person she's dealing with. But hey, they have a loveless marriage to begin with. I guess she wants to hang on-plus for the sake of the boy. I thought it was a very good episode. Is Otto truly besotted with the nurse or just wants another notch on his belt?? I think he is serious.

I think he is absolutely crazy about the nurse! I just saw a preview of next week's episode and he shows it!

I also agree, the Inspector gives me the creeps!!!

Honored Contributor

It looks like Elizabeth has only three ways out, killing him, herself, or calling his bluff and threatening to go to his superiors about his stocking and blackmailing her. Depending on what he has on her, unless it's something illegal that would result in jail time, she should choose to call his bluff. Killing him is too risky and killing herself would damage her son.

Super Contributor

I just watched the first Episode last night. I loved Jack Davenport on ""Coupling"" so wanted to see this.

The character that had me confused for a bit was Lily. I kept looking at the actress thinking i'd seen her somewhere and then the voice got me. She was the adorable young petite girl in ""Love Actually"" who worked as a stand-in in the the X-rated movies with the Hobbit from Sherlock Holmes (can't think of his name). I investigated further and think she was very pregnant (or had just had baby) when she filmed this show in 2013. Interesting that she is playing a woman who can't conceive.

I will stick with it. I do want to find out what Lady Mary's dastardly suitor is up to in this one.

Valued Contributor

ITV, the British network, didn't order a second season of Breathless, so this Sunday is the end of the story. Too bad.

Iain Glen plays such a varied range of characters, doesn't he? From Mary's publisher suitor, in Downton, to Game of Thrones, where he champions the blonde Targaryen, to this very unpleasant man in Breathless

Honored Contributor

Oh no, no more episodes, and we all just got interested!!!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

So is Jack Davenport Dr./Mr. Powell?