Frequent Contributor
If you can access PBS Passport, there’s a new show called Annika starring Nicola Walker. She was in Last Tango in Halifax and Unforgotten. It’s only on Passport for now. Will be on tv later in the year. Good strategy for PBS. Kind of like a streaming service. So far we like it; we’ve watched 4 of the 6 episodes.
Respected Contributor

thanks for the info @lcubedsudbury .  We have Passport and love watching it as an alternative to Brittbox.  Will check this out since we really enjoyed Nicola in Unforgotten.  I have been re-watching the Fall on Brittbox and will check out Passport later this week.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

She is a good actress,watch the two pbs shows you mentioned,but i have a problem understanding her,not the English accent, it is the  low volume she speaks.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: PBS Masterpiece-Annika

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

She is a good actress,watch the two pbs shows you mentioned,but i have a problem understanding her,not the English accent, it is the  low volume she speaks.

Put on your closed caption.  It is great even for the mumblers.  

Honored Contributor

I watched the first two episodes; had been looking forward to it. The main character, Annika, is annoying and the inclusion of her daughter issues is boring. I suspect we're meant to find Annika unique and likable,  she's not. The other characters are bland. PBS disappoints yet again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree @occasionalrain.  It's on PBS in my area and without Passport. I gave it one outing and that was it. Thought it was just another tiresome procedural. Didn't like her asides to the audience and frankly don't see such appeal to this actress that she keeps netting shows. She seems to play every part pretty much the same and always seems a bit depressive. The supporting cast was also nothing special. I also agree, PBS isn't what it used to be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@lcubedsudbury 

@lcubedsudbury wrote:
If you can access PBS Passport, there’s a new show called Annika starring Nicola Walker. She was in Last Tango in Halifax and Unforgotten. It’s only on Passport for now. Will be on tv later in the year. Good strategy for PBS. Kind of like a streaming service. So far we like it; we’ve watched 4 of the 6 episodes.

It's been on my PBS in CA.  I watched two episodes and boring, though I liked her in other programs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get it on my regular PBS, no passport.  It's different and I like it.  I love her asides to the audience and that she quotes from various books.  The entire first episode had her recapping Moby D***.  Guess it's not for everyone.  

Respected Contributor

I always turn on Closed Caption when I watch British shows. It is so much easier to deal with the accents.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what Passport is but I saw it Sunday on our PBS station. I think it could have been better. I don't know what it is with her hair. It was like that on Unforgotten. Is it supposed to be like that or is that all they can do with it? Her acting is very similar to Olivie Colman in Broadchurch. 

Does it take place in Norway? There was a beautiful shot during the show-but only one.

I don't know if I'll watch any more.