Respected Contributor

PBS Ben Franklin Starts Tonight

Just a reminder.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: PBS Ben Franklin Starts Tonight

Will watch until NCAA basketball game comes on, then watch the second hour later.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @PickyPicky3 !!

Esteemed Contributor

When all the John Adam's bios came out, I read a couple.

Still chuckle about his diary entry about the night they had a hold my beer moment about open or closed at night.

Guess the two of them were just regular guys who would bicker.

Trusted Contributor

PRe: PBS Ben Franklin Starts Tonight

[ Edited ]

I came across it quite by accident and I think it is very interesting.  Will continue to watch.   I really enjoy much of PBS programming.  

Frequent Contributor

I was interested in this because I heard that Ben was a little wacky at times.  I watched the whole two-night telecast and came away with a wonderful vision of our forfathers intelligence and their compromising virtues. I literally found myself swelling with pride at being an American.  It was wonderfully made and Patinkin as Ben was outstandlling with his voice as an middle aged and then an old man. Yes, Ben Franklin was a little wacky but he was brillant. I would have loved to have known him.

Respected Contributor

I missed Part 1 (hope to watch at a later viewing), but just watched all of Part 2.  I learned a lot about Franklin.  He was an interesting person who evolved, even into his senior years. What made an impression on me in his personal life was the rift between him and his son, William.  Franklin knew the value of compromise in world and American affairs, but he never could compromise or forgive his own son, William, for his loyalty to the British.  I enjoyed the overall documentary, Part 2.  I would recommend it if you like documentaries and American history.