Esteemed Contributor

Re: PAUL MUNI IS TCM'S "STAR OF THE MONTH"

Great! Hello @Mz iMac -

I had remembered from last week 'your all time favorite  movie/ Paul Muni' ~ The Good Earth. Has to be a classic. 

My husband was watching, earlier, the Fugitive From A Chain Gang....

just, now, had told him when he came up that - your choice for 'A' (FAVORITE, also)  Paul Muni's movie.

He agreed overwhelming, yes, as well. 

I HAVE not seen half of them- yet.

My husband did tell me that Paul Muni studied his parts.

"That the personality, action, getting to know of that someone in real life who have may been that person, he visited and studied". 

-------------

Husband:

Without hesitation, said Paul Muni was one of the greatest actors -ever! That's something coming from my husband. He's a tough critic- period.

Total shock for you girls, I know, ...that he eyed me. Haaa, ...guess I was being smitten from a far...

'that's for you, @Judaline , and I did not follow in the shadows of Barbara Payton. I read the entire story. Sad.

Thank you Judaline. Such a sweetheart, you are - I adore all of you". 

CareBears is coming along much better, then she had the flu. 

Husband:

He knew every Paul Muni movie.

Myself, I never knew who Paul Muni was until two years ago, {totally blank}-never knew any of the {few} great movies, thus far, I've seen.  He was in several TCM had shown 18 months ago. Those I saw often.

Woman Surprised  I have no idea why, but....  !assuming! ...many more to see, soon. 

Has to be one of the best male actors hands down.

Mz iMac, didn't you mention October 14th for The Good Earth?

That the one I have to watch. 

Usually here at least once every 2 weeks ( have been gone) Wanted to let you know; fantastic taste / Paul Muni movies, Mz iMac ~ 

I believe that my husband can almost match the same hallelujah excitement film noir as @Oznell ~~~~~~~~~? 

Thank you, dear friend for all of the information, Oznell.

A high five for that super fine son.

Hello to my one favorite  Man Happy  FOR ........ TLHS. Possibly the only one I know [that] We like together. 

Alert me on that one. 

NAES

Honored Contributor

Great to hear from you, @NAES1 --  stay busy, and happy fall!  We seem to be in a slow period for classic movies on TCM, but things do always pick up as the season progresses....

Honored Contributor

This is the picture that really unnerves me! Like he can see right thru me. Like he knows what I'm thinking. 

Paul_Muni_-_Zola_-_1936.jpg

Honored Contributor

Greetings, @NAES1 . Hope you enjoyed Paul Muni day. My DH always liked him. I'm like, 'who's he?' This was years ago. He led me to him-a fine actor I must admit. And yep, The Good Earth. Quite a movie. I guess I must have read the book. I'd say it's as good as the book? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad carebears is on her way. Strong lady.

Barbara Payton-I know!! I couldn't remember her from the few movies she made-that's why I looked her up. Quite a life!! Pathetic ending. I had no idea. I always liked the actress Helen Walker so one day I looked her up-she picked up a soldier hitchiking, giving him a ride, and there was a car crash and they were both killed. So young! I always wondered why she didn't make more movies. So much we don't know. And remember Charles McGraw, another tough guy with that great gravelly (sp) voice? He slipped in the shower and I guess the glass severed an artery and he was gone. Terrible stuff out there. I'd like to find a star with a happy ending!

Take care-catch you later!