Honored Contributor

PATTY DUKE SHOW MONDAY NOVEMBER 2 @ 8:00 A.M. EASTERN FETV

MV5BNTEwZTc0ZmItY2I0YS00MWRlLWFmOTItN2ZhMDA3YTQxZWRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_.jpg

Starting Monday @8:00 a.m. Eastern,  FETV is shaking up their weekday schedule a bit by adding back-to-back Patty Duke episodes, Monday through Friday.

On my DirecTV system, FETV comes on channel 323.

Might be fun to record a few episodes.   A refreshing change-up for the channel.  The young power house actress, playing a dual role as teenage dynamo Patty Lane, and her lookalike, British-raised, more "refined" cousin, Cathy Lane.

The bouncy theme song is a classic:

"Meet Cathy who's been most everywhere,

From Zanzibar, to Berkeley Square,

But Patty's only seen the sights

A girl can see from Brooklyn Heights,

What a crazy pair!

But they're CUZZ-ins,  identical CUZZ-ins all the way..."

Etc.

10schallert-obit-superJumbo.jpg

I always like veteran character player William Schallert too.  Like to think of him as being in that elevated club of principled, caring and mentoring TV Dads, along with Hugh Beaumont ("Leave it to Beaver") and Robert Young ("Father Knows Best"), among others.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: PATTY DUKE SHOW MONDAY NOVEMBER 2 @ 8:00 A.M. EASTERN FETV

We dont get that channel on Comcast. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry, @Shelbelle .   But if I'm remembering correctly, you do still get several decent retro channels, right?

We still get ME and FE, and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, but that's about it, I think.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Oznell

What a schedule to compete with at 8 AM - Leave it to Beaver (Me TV) and Burns and Allen (Antenna TV). 

Valued Contributor

@Oznell 

" One pair of matching bookends

different as night and day."

Loved that show. Now I will have that song in my head all day!

Patty Duke was amazing in The Miracle Worker! And, Anne Bancroft!

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@Oznell 

" One pair of matching bookends

different as night and day."

Loved that show. Now I will have that song in my head all day!

Patty Duke was amazing in The Miracle Worker! And, Anne Bancroft!

And then years alter she played the role of Anne Sullivan in a TV version of Mirackle Worker. Patty was an amazing actress who died too young, and led such a troubled life as a young person. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry, @Shelbelle .   But if I'm remembering correctly, you do still get several decent retro channels, right?

We still get ME and FE, and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, but that's about it, I think.

Hi, Oz, yes we get Antenna, ME, Laff, Start, TV One, Bounce, Up, and Hallmark Mystery. But of course, I lost TCM last year, but we do get Screen Pix and FXM.  We just lost our Encore Movie Plex Channel. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, @Shelbelle ,  I wasn't counting movie channels as "retro channels", but of course, some of them are.  Somehow, we're still holding onto TCM, and the Fox Movie Channel.  When I get a chance, I'm going to look up some of the ones you mentioned --  hoping I might have one or two without knowing it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We also get Retro TV. It used to show the Soupy Sales Show. Not sure if it still does.

I find that the "retro" tv stations are not in a group. They are all over the place. So I forget about what channel the different stations are on. 

Fios is threatening to take FE TV off the air. So I guess I better try and watch Patty Duke Show while I can. It had been on another station. I have to watch Patty Duke and Gidget,  and notice many of the clothing items they wore and remember I had an outfit just like it. 

PS - Paul Lynde (Episode 2) was on so many TV shows. It is amazing to watch the old TV shows and see so many different character actors. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, that's true, @drizzellla .   So much fun to spot "future stars" on some of the shows.  Seems to me there was one of the British "youthquake" singing groups who also appeared on Patty Duke, or maybe a single artist....  I'm forgetting the details....