Honored Contributor

PAT SAJAK RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY SURGERY

[ Edited ]

patsajak.jpg

I don't watch "Wheel of Fortune",  and didn't know that Pat Sajak, 73, had to undergo emergency surgery for a blocked intestine.

But I've always found him sardonic, good-natured, quick-witted and incisive in his many other involvements, including his funny online presence-- he's even a good writer.

The report said that Vanna White, who is in her sixties now, will host the show until he returns in about 2 weeks.

I'm sure he'll have a quip or two to share when he comes back.  Get well quick, Pat!

Edited to correct name of show Pat works on!

Trusted Contributor

Re: PAT SAJAK RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY SURGERY

Pat Sajack is on Wheel of Fortune.  Alex Trebec is on Jeopardy.  Both game shows are produced by the same company and have been on-air for nearly as many years.  Alex Trebec is in treatment for pancreatic cancer, so both gentlemen are going through a rough time right now.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Valued Contributor

who will turn up the letters

Honored Contributor

Oh, what a dunce I am, thanks for correction, @Havarti!   I'll edit and correct!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@heart of savino 

While Vanna fills in for Pat Sajack as host, Mickey Mouse will fill in for Vanna turning the letters...at least for the first week.  I know you think I am kidding, but it is Disney week they are currently filming and Mickey really is filling in for Vanna!  I would have thought Minne Mouse would have been more fun...if only to see what gowns she selected verses Vanna's varied wardrobe.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

You are not a dunce!  Those shows are easily interchanged because they have both been around so long.

Honored Contributor

On a normal work schedule, not Disney week, they only tape for one week out of the month, they tape 5 shows in one day. I have heard Sajak say it many times on talk shows. Remember he had a late nite talk show in 1989, when it failed he went right back to Wheel, smart move. 

He and his wife own a lovely home here in Severna Park, MD, his wife is from this area. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that about Pat!  Hope he returns in short order.  It will be interesting to see how Vanna does as host.  Will it be her first time in the driver's seat?

Honored Contributor

A blocked intestine is very serious.

So glad he was able to get treatment immediately.

I always liked Pat.

Late DH and I always watched

Honored Contributor

Yes, it did sound scary, @software --  glad he's on the mend!