Respected Contributor

Re: PAT SAJAK RECOVERING FROM EMERGENCY SURGERY

After one week I bet Vanna is counting down the time til Pat comes back.  She is like a fish out of water.  I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she'd improve, but she sure is struggling.  I do especially get a kick out of the way she makes the final spin for the last round.  She commented that the wheel is so heavy.  I don't even think the wheel spins 1/3 of the way around.  It makes me chuckle a little bit.  I'm sure I'd find it heavy too and its sort of in an awkward position to get a good handle on it.

Last night the contestant had to remind her that he had also won a travel prize with his spin.  He was good natured about it, but clearly she is not comfortable hosting.  I kind of feel bad for her, but she is trying, and that's all one can do.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vanna went (without notice!) from being the hood ornament to the driver. Doing a great job....just give her a week or two to get comfy behind the wheel. LOVE Vanna! Go girl!!!!

Honored Contributor

They should have celebrities come out and spin the final wheel to help her out with that.

It is funny when she spins it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Chuck Woolery was one of a few (including Sajak) who hosted the daytime, network WOF. But the syndicated version airing for 37 years, has only been hosted by Pat and Vanna.

And I doubt very much that Vanna's fill-in assignment had anything to do with not wanting it to appear that they thought she, a woman, wasn't up to the challenge. Clearly, she's NOT, and this isn't generally treated as on-the-job training.

IMO, they aren't going to have a stud in his thirties walk onstage holding hands with a woman in her sixties. Even for three weeks. As it is, Vanna has aways said that when Pat goes (he doesn't renew his contract), she goes.

Also, I'm sure there's a lot of talk behind the scenes regarding who might replace these two when the time comes. Why even get into that now--for three short weeks--when Vanna, who's very popular with viewers, can take over? Even though she's not very good at it, she's forgiven lol.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

It should also be noted that the version Chuck hosted is nothing like what it is today.  There's like 1 full puzzle now and the rest are fast paced games so that people don't lose interest.  Even the commercial breaks (of which there are many) are very short.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN