Honored Contributor

PAGING @JOHNNY EAGER, PAGING @JOHNNY EAGER !

unnamed.jpg

No doubt you are way ahead of me in knowing that your namesake film "Johnny Eager" is playing Thursday at (the odd hour of) 6:30 a.m. Eastern on TCM.

It never fails to fascinate, with that explosive chemistry between gorgeous Taylor and Turner, and Van Heflin's Oscar-winning supporting performance, among other highlights...

Top-flight noir.

Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING @JOHNNY EAGER, PAGING @JOHNNY EAGER !

seems like that was the film where Barbara Stanwyck made sure she was on the set.

Lana when she was young was so beautiful. When she got older she always had her hair so severe looking like when she was in Peyton Place.

Probably that John Garfield movie was when she was still at her peak

I can never think of the names of movies when I'm in here.

Honored Contributor

Oh, right @SharkE -- "The Postman Always Rings Twice".  She was beautiful in that.  I can't ever seem to watch that all the way through, even though I can see the artistry of it.

Too dark for me, the couple just so doomed by their selfishness and greed I guess...

Lana was even great looking in the films where she adopted a more girl-next-door personality, like "Cass Timberlane".  And that one (whose title escapes me) where she plays a war-time nurse who falls for Clark Gable.  She was kind of fresh-scrubbed and toned down in that, even looked like she had freckles-- but just naturally lovely.

Honored Contributor

That chick even did Andy Hardy movies when she just started out.

When they put her in that Jimmy Stewart movie she was still pretty

why they put her with that ol' corn poner I'll never know. Never did like him put him on my do not watch list.

What would a beautiful chick like her want with that ol' dirt farmer type? LOL   Ziegfield Follies, think I got that one.

Honored Contributor

Robert Taylor was to old for her in Eager, too.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   For some reason Notifications don't work when they are in the title. You have to put them in a post. Maybe @Johnnyeager  will see this.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Robert Taylor has been showing up in quite a few movies lately and Van Heflin too. 

Too bad it is on so early, I will have to add it to my list of watching at a later time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, thanks for pointing out that notifications don't work in title lines, @Tique --  I didn't realize that.  Maybe now @Johnnyeager will catch the alert just in time!  (Although, I'm guessing she probably has her own DVD of it, ready to play at will!)

(Edited to correct my incorrect spacing of the notification.)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the notification.  And yes, I've seen this film many, many times.

It's one of my favorites, next to, of course, Waterloo Bridge.