Respected Contributor

Just read he has Parkin 2/Parkinson’s and has been in pain for over a year.  He is going to Switzerland for hopefully further treatment in April.

Felt sad when I read this Ozzy was our very first tour - when we were in the music biz - can see him now bare chested, leaping, jumping around the stage - he could really command his audience.

He was not ‘my cuppa tea’ as an individual did not like some of his habits but he was a good performer.  This illness is very debilitating wishing him well.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to read this.  Never knew much about Ozzy personally...just that he was a big drugger/drinker and bit the head off the bat on stage!  But I sure loved his music.

Wishing him well.  I'm sure it's very difficult for him and his family.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Illness

[ Edited ]

My Son saw him about five years ago and said his concert was amazing.  Wishing him and Sharon the best during this ordeal.

Respected Contributor

I never cared for his type of music or stage performance but it's still a shame to hear such sad news.

That family has gone through so much with Sharon's cancer and Jack's multiple sclerosis and now Ozzy's condition.

It just goes to show how even those who we often think have everything are just people like the rest of us.    Fame and wealth will not guarantee that you won't face challenges in life.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Illness

[ Edited ]
  1. HWhenever I saw him over all these years he always seemed to look unwell...his posture and how he carried himself....and his demeanor ...talking etc.... was so shaky and just not right.

I though perhaps it was due to drugs when younger or something.  Perhaps it was Parkinson's Disease all along?

Esteemed Contributor

He must have had it for a while.  I read he had fallen before and that makes me think it has advanced.  It's a tough disease.

Respected Contributor

I think he has had some type of movement disorder for a good while. Maybe it just wasn't yet diagnosed, or perhaps denial.  

I noticed this way back when they had their reality show.  I remember watching with a friend and saying -- 'do you see that, too?'  Yes, they did.  An odd gait and shuffle, some slurring, hand tremors, etc. At that time, I wondered it he had TD, perhaps from prescribed psychotropic drugs, or other substances. 

Instead of going to Switzerland, he should meet up with Michael J. Fox, who has been managing his own illness for years, plus he's been directly involved in research studies and advocacy for those fighting along with him. 

Trusted Contributor

His son, Jack, was diagnosed with MS a while ago. 

Honored Contributor

The only positive take away from this situation is that the family has the means to get the best of care.  I wish him and his family the best, never easy facing a diagnosis of this magnitude.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad had a kind of Parkinson's where he hallucinated. It was Horrible!