Honored Contributor

Re: Oznell - Eddie Muller at AFI Theatre

Well, it was not to be.

My son and I got ready early this morning. It was pouring and my son looked up the weather for Washington and Baltimore. The weather report said Heavy Intensity Rain for both Wahington DC and Baltimore..

We started on our way. The more we drove, we both had thoughts questioning the trip. When he finally said the words "I don't like this ride normally but I really don't like this ride in such heavy rain". We both decided it was time to go home. 

It did not start out as an enjoyable time. It was tough dealing with the heavy rain. Just seemed like alot of work and it was supposed to be an enjoyable and informative trip.

After seeing the weather map for Washington DC/Baltimore. I am glad we didn't go. 

Hope Eddie Muller comes another time.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm relieved you and your son did the prudent thing, @drizzellla..    Hate driving in heavy rain, even in the best traffic conditions.

Glad you stayed safe and dry!   And we're lucky to have terrific films and Eddie's insights at just an arm's reach away when we want them.

Honored Contributor

drizzella,

I live in the D.C. Metro Area and today was miserable, to put it mildly.  The forecast assured us the rain would taper off around 3:00 p.m., but it lasted several hours beyond that.

Had hoped I would attend Liturgy at my church this morning, but when I saw the steady, pounding rain, I opted instead for my local Catholic church.  Traveling on the major highways to my church can be intimidating in good weather; when it rains, those highways indeed become hazardous.

When I went out in the late afternoon for Mass, I heard several sirens for emergency vehicles.  After Mass, I stopped at a local grocery store, and as I was leaving, several other emergency vehicles gathered at an exit.

This was not a day for travelling to see Eddie.  Your decision was a wise one.  

Honored Contributor

Oznell and Goldie - I got off the phone with my brother.

He was driving from South Carolina to Virginia. He was saying the rain and wind were terrible. Then I said we were planning on driving to Maryland. He said he was glad that we didn't. He said he followed the wind and rain most of the day and said he even stopped early just to get out of it.

Well, I got to watch That's Entertainment. And it worked out well for the dog. My husband is away for a few days. So the poor dog would have been stuck in the house for at least 16 hours.