Trusted Contributor

I finished last night.  I see there are lots of spoilers on this thread.  I was disappointed.  I think maybe writers left it open for maybe a movie?  I was hoping Ruth would have survived and a sequel of her.  I would definitely have watched that.  I am kind of done with the Bryrds,  they all ended alive and I wish Wendy wasn't.  Her husband didn't sound like he was going to leave her.  

It was an excellent series,  excellent writing and acting,  I wish it had a better ending.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I love the show. I could watch Marty, Wendy and Ruth scheme and argue forever. On one hand I'm sorry to see it go, but on the other hand I'm glad they ended it and went out while still on top.

Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were great in their roles, but Julia Garner was just outstanding. 

Ruth Langmore has always been my favorite character. Strong, independent and practical . . . raised in a criminal family. She finally broke free and was on the verge of a whole new life. So heartbreaking. I'm glad they kept Ruth true to her character until the end. She went out unapologetic, mouthy and cursing.

I thought there would be a bigger showdown between Wendy and Nathan. Her father was such a despicable man and Richard Thomas was fantastic in the role.

I loved the ending. Who saw that coming? The Byrde's were almost taken down - not by the cartel, not by the IRS, not by the FBI - but by Mel. It's an interesting idea that Jonah shot the urn with the ashes, but I believe he shot Mel. Mel was the last person standing in the way of the Byrde's 'happy' ending (assuming they can cover up the murder). By shooting Mel it also marks Jonah losing the last bit of innocence he had.

I also watched A Farewell to Ozark. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. It's only 30 minutes and it's a nice tribute/farewell to the show,

@lmt @Where do I find A Farewell to Ozark?

Respected Contributor

I loved the series.  The acting was top notch.  I kept waiting for Wendy to get hers!  I was a bit disappointed with the ending but it came full circle with the son stepping into the life.  I will look for Julia Garner.  Fabulous acting, she carried the show backed up by a very strong cast.

This series is one of the best I have seen in some time.  LM

Honored Contributor

Wow, really loved the series but really hated the ending. Very lame finale for such a really great show. Disappointed. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I know so many are watching this and have loved it. I watched the trailer and it looks awful-violence for violence sake. I know no need to judge if I haven't even watched it.

Like one review said, they were "so glad when it was over!"

I'v watched some shows like that in the past and just determined not to even start watching another again.

It seems once you start you can't stop because you want to see what happens. But I've realized I should like it along the way to the end.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My nephew recommend Ozark to me and my husband.  Someone my husband works with said they film in his town of Woodstock GA someitmes.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay ,I was like that with The Sopranos.  The language and some of the violence was bad but I did watch it.  It was actually a very good series and I am glad I watched it.  Sometimes though, Inhad to avert my gaze!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1,

Thanks, you get it. I've wanted to watch Sopranos too but haven't for same reason. It's not that I can't watch violence it's just when I know its going to have a lot you know?

But I think I'll at least check them both out!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I love the show. I could watch Marty, Wendy and Ruth scheme and argue forever. On one hand I'm sorry to see it go, but on the other hand I'm glad they ended it and went out while still on top.

Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were great in their roles, but Julia Garner was just outstanding. 

Ruth Langmore has always been my favorite character. Strong, independent and practical . . . raised in a criminal family. She finally broke free and was on the verge of a whole new life. So heartbreaking. I'm glad they kept Ruth true to her character until the end. She went out unapologetic, mouthy and cursing.

I thought there would be a bigger showdown between Wendy and Nathan. Her father was such a despicable man and Richard Thomas was fantastic in the role.

I loved the ending. Who saw that coming? The Byrde's were almost taken down - not by the cartel, not by the IRS, not by the FBI - but by Mel. It's an interesting idea that Jonah shot the urn with the ashes, but I believe he shot Mel. Mel was the last person standing in the way of the Byrde's 'happy' ending (assuming they can cover up the murder). By shooting Mel it also marks Jonah losing the last bit of innocence he had.

I also watched A Farewell to Ozark. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. It's only 30 minutes and it's a nice tribute/farewell to the show,

@lmt @Where do I find A Farewell to Ozark?

@panda1234    It's on Netflix.

Trusted Contributor

This was an outstanding series and all the main players were as well. Can you imagine getting caught up in that life?  I was stressed out just watching.

Have to agree with others who were disappointed with the ending.  After all they'd been through, I was hoping for a more positive outcome for the Byrds and Ruth.