Honored Contributor

Yes, I remember black and white TV.  When my husband died in 2004 we still had an antenna and no cable.

But we thought we were doing good...we had a genuine motor on our antenna.

We could move it when the leaves came out on our trees.  This was big time...well, it was to us.  Ha!. 

When end I was a kid we finally got a TV.

Color?  You took something that was rainbow colored ( plastic) and put it on your TV screen....so what if the faces were blue...it was color people.

Honored Contributor

I remember 3 channels, 2 was CBS 4 was NBC and 8 I believe was abc.  I remember channels would go off after midnight?  When emmys came on everyone  knew who the actors were.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Yes, I remember black and white TV.  When my husband died in 2004 we still had an antenna and no cable.

But we thought we were doing good...we had a genuine motor on our antenna.

We could move it when the leaves came out on our trees.  This was big time...well, it was to us.  Ha!. 

When end I was a kid we finally got a TV.

Color?  You took something that was rainbow colored ( plastic) and put it on your TV screen....so what if the faces were blue...it was color people.

LOL I remember that plasticSmiley Happy  Do you remember the first show you saw in color?  Mine was Rudolph.  My friends down the street had a color TV and invited to come watch Rudolph.  It was fun all of us watching.  It was nice the simple things we did back then.  

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919   I used to love babysitting at a certain (wealthier) house because they had a color console TV.  Of course, only a few shows were offered that way.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Re: Over the air tv

[ Edited ]

Years ago, when my Dad first mentioned pay tv, I thought there would be a slot on the side of the set and I'd have to insert coins in order to watch.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@shaggygirl   Yes, and not only that, you had to get up off the sofa to change the darned channel.  Of course, since there weren't many channels anyway, you didn't need to do that too often!

@shaggygirl 

my Dad would call us down from upstairs to change the channel for him LOL

Yup, I can relate !!!!!

Respected Contributor
I can remember our old Zenith TV, which came with a remote control. Boy, was that thing noisy!.

What worries you masters you.