Honored Contributor

Think about trying to adapt a story that so far reaches 6000 pages and spans 18th century Scotland, France, the Caribbean and the American Revolution plus 1940s Britain and 1960s USA with time travel and a woman who is technically a bigamist, her children and grandchildren with has a huge rabid fane base that isn't going to take kindly to you mucking up their beloved book series. And then think about tv and movies work.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thanks for telling me about the show and books. You guys have a lot of patience with me not understanding.

jaxs, you did a good job explaining how difficult it must be to put the books into a TV show. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Can't wait for next season!

Esteemed Contributor
I love the TV series, never having read the books. I got my husband into it too. We were away for the season's finale and watched it on demand early this morning. WOW! Hard to watch but it was well done. My only criticism is that the actor who plays Jamie is too well-built to be entirely believable as a starved and tortured prisoner. I overcame that issue...no problem...since the actors are all excellent. I can't wait to see what's in store next season. I've cheated by reading summaries of the books but there may be some changes when these huge tomes are brought to television.