Valued Contributor
On 5/21/2015 annabellethecat said:

I still think I yearn for the days when one had to use one's imagination and then didn't need to be so graphic.

That way it is possible to imagine it to the degree one wants to.

Exactly, Annabelle. In this case, that's how the event was handled. We hear her cries. We see Theon/Reek's reaction to what's happening to Sansa. Bolton insists T/R has to remain in the bridal chamber as a further humiliation to Sansa and to showcase T/R's obedience.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching the first few episodes (from the beginning of Outlander) they are running it from the beginning today.

I thought someone said Claire and her 1st husband......well, let's just say he didn't 'ring her bell' very much. But from watching it, I don't see that at all. He sure is different from Captain Jack.

I can't believe I didn't notice the that he and captain Jack look exactly alike until my daughter told me.

Who is the young girl who came to sit after Clair and her husband watched the Druid dance? What does that have to do with anything?

Looking at her BEFORE she steps back in time, she certainly looks more beautiful. Maybe it's to show the wear and tear that happened to the body back then because suddenly, I think she looks older and more worn.

Esteemed Contributor

Has Outlander stopped for the season? it isn't on my tv tonight.

Honored Contributor

They must be skipping one week. They said it will be back on (the season ending) next Saturday. One more to go.

Valued Contributor

Annabelle, re: the girl.

In the book, she's identified as one of the town's shop owner's, Miss Grant. I see her as a plot device to prevent Claire from gathering specimens of the blue flower when she is with Frank. That allows her to return later and pass through time

Honored Contributor

Thanks crockers. I wonder if that was in the book? Just curious. It was interesting going back to the beginning watching the first episode and a few from last year.

It's strange how people change. Jaime just looked in his face so much younger to me in the beginning. He was way less beefy too.

What was the thing about the guy at the lamp post that Frank encountered? I thought it was wonderful the way she told Captain meany when he was born and when he'll die. You could tell it freaked him out.

Valued Contributor

Annabelle, I like to speculate that the spectral Highlander Frank encounters might be Jamie, passing through the stones to Claire's time. Since DIL has many of the books, I've asked her if the story ever circles back to Frank, to tell us about how he adjusts to Claire's disappearance or to reveal anything about the figure of the Highlander. Not as far as she's read.

Honored Contributor

Thanks cockers, I appreciate the info. Next Saturday is the season finale.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks also. I wondered why it wasn't on last night. Also wondering if Claire becomes pregnant or she threw up witnessing what happened in prison. I never knew of the book. It just seemed interesting when I read that it would be on.

Honored Contributor

I think they threw in her vomiting to make people think she might be pregnant. Remember, there was a time earlier on when she was sick before then. I think she might be pregnant.