Esteemed Contributor

I saw an ad for it today but didn't see when. Looked it up and this Saturday on Starz called the Reckoning. Looks like they are having previous airings if you want to catch up.

Honored Contributor

I'm so excited. They've been on XM Radio talking about the show but I always miss them. Be still my heart.

My friend and my daughter read all of those books. How many here read all of those books? I'm impressed.

Honored Contributor

I've read the whole series multiple times ( except the last book that just came out last year, I've only read it once). I cancelled my season pass though, I wasn't impressed with the adaptation.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

jaxs, what do you mean about season pass. Do you mean the TV show? I think the first one or two episodes were slow but it did get better as time went on.

I don't feel like I'm a very good person to give an accurate account/rating of the show because I can't compare it to the books.

I just lose interest so quickly on everything. I used to read constantly then my husband died, but mainly because of this torn retina it bothers my eye to read for long persods of time.

Honored Contributor

By season pass I mean I had my DVR set to record the tv show automatically. I watched all the episodes they previously aired. But I'm not going to keep watching, so I cancelled my season pass.

Respected Contributor

I'm enjoying the TV series on Starz....looking forward to picking back up on Saturday night.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for explaining. I'm looking forward to watching it. I keep after my daughter to catch up so she can keep me 'informed' (you guys know how I am).

Honored Contributor

I Just watched it. Won't talk about it until everyone sees it. However, my daughter asked me about the zit on his face. Now that's all I see....said, "Thanks"....I saw a bigger zit on his back.

I told her it might be a mole. It seems to have a lot of 6s@Exy in it. Gratuitous, I think, so some people will watch it. I just don't see where it's important to the story. They wouldn't have that much time on their hands. Ha!

Even today's young couples with all of the modern stuff say they don't have time for all that! Hummm...

Honored Contributor

Actually that part would be consistent with the books. Diana Gabaldon, the author, makes a point of the strong sexual connection between Jamie and Claire. Which will be juxtaposed to the lack of such with Frank. But I didn't watch this episode.

Honored Contributor

OK, that makes sense jaxs. I can see that. So you are saying that in the books it talks about her dissatisfaction with the attraction to her husband.....'boring'. Then with Jamie she feels like she's alive with ummmm attraction? Is that what you mean? If so, I guess I can see that.

The show is only 1 hour long and they throw that in there a few times each episode. I guess I'm interested in the storyline.

I'd be interested in hearing what someone who read all of the books and sees the show thinks of interjecting so much of the 'attraction' part into the 1 hour storyline.

You said you haven't seen it yet though, right jaxs? When you do I'd be interested in what you think.

I guess everyone is different. I'm just interested in the historical part of the storyline and feel like they're taking up time over and over.