Super Contributor

@lmt  Starz will give you a 7 day free trial. You might be able to watch Season 3 in a week. There are 13 episodes. I couldn't watch Season 4 during the free trial so I ordered Starz for a month. I will cancel at the end of the month because nothing else grabs my attention. I know the actors are filming Season 5 now. I doubt we will see the new season before 2020.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower  I guess I could do the free trial and hope to watch both seasons, but as you said that's alot of episodes to try and watch in a week. I wish they had a free monthly trial!

OTOH, dividing 26 episodes into 7 days comes out to watching about 4 episodes a day. That's doable for me. 

Respected Contributor

We ask our kids for seasons 2 & 3 for Christmas.  I'm about to purchase season 4.  Much cheaper than Starz.  Love this show.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Tobias Menzies is so evil. I don't know how I'll be able to watch him as Prince Phillip in The Crown when it returns. ☹

Tobias Menzies also plays Edmure Tully in Game of Thrones.  Uncle Edmure is a complete and utter dolt.   Tobias Menzies is a good actor.  I think he'll make a good Phillip.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen when Starz has announced the new season of Outlander yet.

The White Queen, the White Princess on Starz is also very good.  I recently finished for the season, The Spanish Princess.

You might enjoy those as they're period shows too.

Respected Contributor

@Suxela 

I have found the opposite.  I have seen every season of Outlander and decided to read the books.  I am on the 4th book (Drums of Autumn) when they reach America.  I have found the books to be very different.  So much in the books has been left out of the television series, and many significant differences.  The books are always better than the adaptation for tv; so much more detail in the books.  Of course they are each over a thousand pages and there is no way the series on tv could contain it all.

Looking forward to the next season.