Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@maestra I vagely remember Jamie saying that, it is not his place to be there. I could be wrong. Is the show true to the books?

That's something they made up for the tv show. That whole part is nothing like in the book. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

@maestra wrote:

I'm nealy finished Outlander and also reading Dragonfly in Amber.

My question: If Gellis and Claire can go back and forth in time, why cant Jamie?

Only some people have the ability to go through the stones, those that can hear a loud buzzing sound when they get near the stones.  Jamie did not hear the buzzing.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been hooked on Outlander since the very first episode. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for each new season. My husband got into Outlander because he thinks Claire is beautiful and he loves the secks scenes. I can't fault him since I'm definitely a Jamie fan. 

Valued Contributor

I'm like Chicagoan.  I just discovered Outlander in August and immediately watched season 1 & 2 and was ready for the new season 3.  I am reading the books too. We didn't get Starz in the past so I didn't know about it.  I love Jamie and Claire and the sweet love story.  Didn't care much for historical pieces before but am getting into it now.

Valued Contributor

I can't wait until Sunday night to see Jamie and Claire reunited... woohoo.  I am so glad that the producers didn't drag out the reunion. I laughed at the end when Jamie looked up and saw Claire and then fainted! lol  Jamie's little boy is so cute.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

It's ON!  This is the episode where they're finally together!