Respected Contributor

The first episode of Outlander was on Starz last night.  It was mainly about Brianna's wedding.   It supposedly took place on Fraser's Ridge in the NC mountains.  Actually, the program is being filmed in Scotland, even the NC locations are shot in Scotland.

We live in NC and have frequently been to the mountains, so I immediately saw something wrong in the background during the wedding scene.  Some trees had what appeared to resemble Spanish Moss hanging from trees;  there is hardly any such thing in most of NC, particularly in the mountains .  There is absolutely no Spanish Moss in the NC mountains!   I wish those who design tv and movie settings would do research on such things! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Outlander new season.

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic wrote:

The first episode of Outlander was on Starz last night.  It was mainly about Brianna's wedding.   It supposedly took place on Fraser's Ridge in the NC mountains.  Actually, the program is being filmed in Scotland, even the NC locations are shot in Scotland.

We live in NC and have frequently been to the mountains, so I immediately saw something wrong in the background during the wedding scene.  Some trees had what appeared to resemble Spanish Moss hanging from trees;  there is hardly any such thing in most of NC, particularly in the mountains .  There is absolutely no Spanish Moss in the NC mountains!   I wish those who design tv and movie settings would do research on such things! 

@this is my nic 

No Snark intended, but as a NC native, just want to let you know, that there is a good bit of Spanish Moss in the Eastern Part of the state. 😊

It used to be too cold in the mountains, but who knows could be moving this way?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe 

Yes, I know the southeast part of the state does have Spanish Moss.  I stated most of the state doesn't have any and definitely none in the mountains.  No snarkiness taken! 😁