Honored Contributor

Re: Outlander - Tonight - Saturday - 9 April on STARZ - Possible Spoilers!!

@Katluver925 Thanks for the explanation.  It says Spoilers.  If I start a topic I always put in spoilers because I can't discuss a topic without ...... well, discussing it.

The first episode this season was very inventive.  It makes my mind wander back to it as I watch the show because I keep thinking, "Is this when she zaps back to the future?"  Also, I keep wondering throughout the episode 'what caused her to zap (sorry for the word) back to the future').

Were that in the beginning, I might have become complacent in watching the show  because it's so predictable (we know history).

I do have to say though, I liked Jaime when he was heavier and the way he acted before he got to France.

His reaction to knowing 'the snake' was still alive was a surprise but a good surprise (based on what happened to him and his get  even character.  It made him human).

Honored Contributor

So I was listening to EW on XM radio and the writer and director was being interviewed.  She said she only directed one episode (the recent one).

She said the young boy will have a prominent role from here forward.

She was asked about Clair and Jamie and their Ummmm....love(!) and if it was just thrown in to make more people watch the show.  She said "No" that they tied it in (she felt) at specific times.  She said (paraphrasing) "When Jamie was so disrought about the attack on himself, he was understandably not interested in Claire, it would have been very wrong for us to have him jump her bones".  

She also said that the writers and directors feel that they need to keep the TV show relatively close to the books because the fans of the books are (her words "understandable" about the TV taking 'liberties' as far as changing things, but only to a small degree.

The interviewer said she was glad Claire and Jamie were back in Scotland and the director said she was very glad to be back too.  She said Paris was beautiful, she much more prefers Scotland for filming this show.

I saw in People magazine when "Claire" was interviewed she jokingly commented that the wardrobe people will point to the 'girls' so she knows something that shouldn't be was 'showing'.  She said the nudity didn't bother her at all.  

Honored Contributor

I know this is an old thread but I'm using it because it says "Spoilers".

So, When Claire was walking up to the shop I kept thinking it was probably either his son (remember, he left him) or the young boy who'd lost his hand.  

I thought maybe he'd taken Jamie's name in his honor.  I was delighted when she opened the door and I saw Jamie's hair and back and I KNEW it was the same Jamie....

Like many of you have said...."He sure looks good for everything he's been through."

OK so with everything he's been through this is probably what he'd look like for real.

Here's what I THINK HE'D LOOK LIKE: