Honored Contributor

Re: Outlander - Tonight - Saturday - 9 April on STARZ - Possible Spoilers!!

@2cockers1cat  OK, so bare with me here.....I'm slow.  So, I was assuming that she didn't make it to France with him.  I assumed that she transitioned back during the ship ride.

You're saying that she was remembering what happened when he helped her off of the ship in France.  You're saying she actually did get to France with him and we'll see more of that?  You're saying she got much further along on their quest to change history?

So, we don't really know how far she got right now? 

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia I feel your confusion.  Go over to the other page where @2cockers1cat answered my similar question.  Then I asked her some questions.  When she answers me, maybe we will both be less confused!

I'm glad to know it isn't just me.  Ha!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66, Had to get the grandsons from daycare.

This my theory.  

When Claire returns to "Frank-time" it's 1948.  In "Jamie-time", it must be April, 1746, just as the Battle of Culloden is unfolding.  Her frantic questioning of the man who stops to help her focuses, in part,  on the outcome of Culloden.  So when Claire returns through the stones, she doesn't know if their efforts in France made a difference until the man tells her the British won--again. 

When the ship lands in Le Havre, the screen graphic says 1745, so the "Jamie-time" events probably span about a year.

Honored Contributor

@2cockers1cat  I think I'm going to go crazy if it keeps switching like this, that's what I think!  Ha!

I figured it was of significant importance the way she kept wigging out about who won.

Esteemed Contributor

The Outlander series of books was my favorite of all time, although I did lose some interest after the eighth or ninth or tenth. I signed up for Starz last year just to get the series. Extremely disappointed. The books were absolutely wonderful, the series not so much. Didn't sign up to get the second go-round. The first book, Outlander, stands on its own.

The author, Diana Gabaldon, is interesting in her own right. Earned a bachelor's degree in Zoology and a PhD in Environmental Ecology. But always loved writing. Indeed, her gift.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack Good post Miss Maggie.  Enjoyed reading it.

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@PinkyPetunia  OK, I understand your confusion and am likewise  the same (wow!  What the heck did I just type).  Ha!

Anyway, I'm as confused as you and probably others.  All of a sudden they are in France (Paris, I guess).  

So, one minute she is stepping off of the plane in Boston and suddenly she's in France?

Does anyone here understand what's going on?  Can someone help me and Pinky because we are confused at how this happened?

I have read all the books, they start in the present time (in this case 1948) and kind of fill you in in what's happening then and then go back and pick up the story in the past.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching the live tweets on Blacklist tonight and the young woman who is with Red is going to be on Outlander (she said in her tweet).

Interesting......

Honored Contributor

I love this show!  I'm sitting here watching it now.  However, I STILL cannot understand exactly what they are trying to do. 

I know they are trying to not allow money to be gathered for 'the big fight/loss to take place'.  Is that why they are there?

This is a big boring though.  

Did women really walk around the king with their 'girls' hanging out for everyone to see?

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I love this show!  I'm sitting here watching it now.  However, I STILL cannot understand exactly what they are trying to do. 

I know they are trying to not allow money to be gathered for 'the big fight/loss to take place'.  Is that why they are there?

This is a big boring though.  

Yes, the whole point of Jamie and Claire being in France is for them to stop the uprising.  If Prince Charles can't raise the money there would be no uprising, if they can find out who the backers are they may be able to stop it.  I'm not giving anything away, we already know they were not successful in changing history or Claire would not have gone  back to the future.  But I will tell you there are greater adventures ahead for Jamie and Claire.