Respected Contributor

Outlander Coming To Netflix May 27

I have all the books but never got around to reading them. I've been dying to see the series!!!

Sassenachs, the droughtlander is over!

Okay, not technically — but in a way it is because soon you will be able to watch seasons 1 and 2 of Outlander on Netflix. The series, which has previously only been available on DVD/Blu-ray from Sony Home Entertainment or via the Starz player, is finally getting a streaming home on Netflix, starting May 27.

Starz has aired four complete seasons of Outlander, based on the corresponding novels by Diana Gabaldon, with a fifth season currently in production. There’s no word yet on when or if seasons 3 and 4 might also eventually make their way to Netflix — for now, fans will have to enjoy the early days of Jamie and Claire’s epic romance.

Outlander is a drama television series based upon author Diana Gabaldon's historical time travel book series of the same name. Developed by Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony Pictures Television and Left Bank Pictures for Starz, the show premiered on August 9, 2014. It stars Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall, a married World War II nurse who in 1945 finds herself transported back to 1743 Scotland, where she encounters the dashing Highland warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and becomes embroiled in the Jacobite risings.

Related image

Image result for outlander coming to netflix

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outlander Coming To Netflix May 27

@retired ida  OMG, you are going to love it!!!!!   I am an Outlander maniac, I am visiting the Scottish Isles for vacation and Skye is one of them, very exciting!!!!  EnjoySmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I read all of the books.  It's wonderful.  Read entire weekends without stop a couple of times.  I was heartbroken that this was on STARZ and just couldn't get myself to press the button and order yet another premium channel thinking about my cable bill.  This is fantastic news and thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no--I loved this but don't have the channel anymore. I just gave up my premium. Couldn't see spending $200 and not see much. Even gave up sports.

Respected Contributor

You will LOVE IT!  I caught the first two seasons (maybe the third, I lost count) when I had free weekends through my cable provider.  It is so excellently done, I don't understand why it doesn't get more award nominations, even if only for the cinematography.  I can't wait to get caught up.  The last free weekend my cable company did not offer STARZ, I was so disappointed.  I will not pay any more for cable than I already do for the "basic" channels.  Not even for Outlander!

Respected Contributor

Suzeecat , if you don't mind me asking , what do you pay for your cable ? I pay $180 for Directv , and i probably watch 6 channels , i watch Netflix mostly now , so i am going to see how low i can go , because that money could be better spent.

Trusted Contributor

I am just chiming in, because I love Outlander and have watched it on Starz, and glad more can see it on Netflix.  Anyway I have DirectTV with HBO and three boxes and pay $95 per month,  the trick with DirectTV is you have got to call and tell them you are going to disconnect and go with cable or cut the cord, they will come back an offer you all kinds of discounts ($60 to $70 per month for two years).

Respected Contributor

Thanks turnergirl , i have been reluctant to call , because i don't want them to screw it up.I really don't care for it now that AT&T owns them . I can afford it but it is crazy how little i watch now that i started watching netflix. I wish you could just buy by the channel.