Respected Contributor

Outlander....5 episodes in and it's really good!

[ Edited ]

I am surprised at how much I am enjoying my summer binge #2 (#1 was Sons of Anarchy). I get on the rowing machine and watch while I row. Outlander is much better than expected.  I know I'm late to this Scottish clan gathering,but it's like the best Harleqin Romance....on steroids!  Anyone else catching up? 

Super Contributor

Re: Outlander....5 episodes in and it's really good!

Where did you find this?  would love to watch  It was highly recommended as I loved Game of Thrones.

Respected Contributor

STARZ .It's available on demand. I love GOT as well. There are lots of episodes; like 16,which h is another plus. Highly recommended!

Respected Contributor

did you watch "The White Queen" on STARZ - great if you like history.

Respected Contributor

I have a degree in history. I  have heard the white queen is good. Maybe that will be my next  series. Thanks for the suggestion.

Honored Contributor

birkin, White Queen is good.  I didn't read the books (there are several by this author) but my daughter did (she reads constantly, unlike her Mom).  She said the TV show combined several of the books.

I really enjoyed the White Queen.  I do think (based on what I read here and was told) the TV show takes liberty with history (somewhat, I guess, fills in History question marks).  

I would love to pick the brain (sorry, sounds terrible) of someone like you.  I'm a History buff but as I get old(er) I can't remember things.  I studied everything I could get my hands on the White House history, etc.

I guess knowing history so well (as you do) you've learned to overlook all of the liberty taken with Historical fiction.  

I especially liked Howard Fast and his historical novels about the Civil War (i.e. the North and South trillogy).