Honored Contributor

Re: Out Daughtered! Meet the Busby's!

@Evie2004 Yes!  I agree with  you.  My late husband loved, loved babies (go figure).  He was there when my oldest had both of her children (he died before any of the others were born).  After my oldest had her first baby she had to come stay with us for a few weeks because her husband was in the Navy and was out to sea.  He (not me) got up every night with her when she breast fed the baby.  He sat and talked with her.  He was amazing.  As a matter of fact it was my husband who fed my babies (all three of them) their bottles at night.  I didn't breast feed and I'm not a happy camper if I don't get my sleep.  Besides, he loved doing it!

I was a stay at home mom, so I had plenty of bonding time!  Ha!  If this Dad isn't on the ball now, well....he has no idea what he's in store for....I can't imagine....5 children, the same age.....'working' mom and dad.  All parents know, first they come to mom or dad and if they don't get the answer THEY want, they go immediately to the other parent.  My husband would always say, "What did your mom say?"  He knew I had a better handle on it because I was with them more.

I also hope this guy feels better.  As I said, terrible depression runs in my family, really bad depression.  I understand what it does to the person and everyone around them.  There is such a feeling of helplessness by those who love the person, it's terrible.  I can't imagine if the husband or wife is going through it and the other feels helpless.  I would think it could divide a family.

I would hope his wife would be called in a few times for separate and dual counseling so she can better understand what's going on and not blame herself.  It sounds like she's already doing that some for feeling guilty she didn't see it.

These reality shows have a terrible record for ruining families and people.  I hope that doesn't happen with them.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66,

I also noticed their food storage containers always looked like take out containers as well.   I decided they most likely are takeout containers, or the family doesn't store their cooked food in plastic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Evie2004 Your husband sounds like my late husband.  He lived with 4 females and in my family (extended) there are mostly females (very strong females).

My late husband was so kind but ran several companies and was matter of fact about most things (except his girls).  Ha!

But what your husband said about getting around some males I believe, makes total sense.  My late husband's favorite thing was to go to a bar near us, have a few beers and shoot the (insert your word) with other males.  People would ask me why I didn't go.  I'd say, "That's his thing.  He does that for himself.  It makes our marriage even better.  No way do I even WANT to go".  Ha!  He often sought out male company.  I loved it.

That said, we were married 7 years before we decided to have a baby.  We both came from terrible family backgrounds and knew we had stuff to work on.  We talked about when we had a family and so on.  But we also talked and talked.  Hence, when something was really bothering him, he and I would talk about it because (for most problems in daily life, i.e. family) his family was the only one who could help fix it....right?

I have a close family member who is in terrible shape right now mentally (this really runs in my family).  I totally understand about the chemical challenges in getting things right where mental illness is concerned.  I also understand the emotional turmoil it causes the entire family.  Such a feeling of helplessness is unbelievable.  Of always wondering....'Am I going to get a terrible phone call'.  You have no control over it.

Anyway, it is important to go to a professional if deemed so bad it can't be dealt with otherwise.  I think sometimes in this atmosphere (unfortunately) some people go too quickly in seeing professional help when the help can come FIRST from immediate family members.  Believe me, they'll tell the person if they need to seek professional help (in most cases).

Again, your husband (in my opinion) makes so much sense.  I'm a total believer in females.  I think females run the world.  However, I also believe males need male companionship (just like we do).  Usually young guys like him have several buddies to hang with....I don't know what's going on in his family.

Thanks for your insightful input and tell him (coming from a woman who was married to a macho man (Ha) I totally agree with him.

@Annabellethecat66  He made mention several times that they don't get out much anymore, and he likes going to the places they used to go, I think one had to do with church outings.  As I have said, he isn't getting the wife time that he used to, or much of "his own time."   This is what people don't understand, once children are in the picture, it is all about them, they come first.  Once the girls are in school, some of the pressure lets up, not for Mom of course, she has to take care of six girls and her husband, since he can't seem to manage life as a Dad.

He needs to be around men who have children and are facing the same issues, even more difficult because they don't have the financial help that doing this show provides, and perks to boot, so he can see that everyone goes through difficulties when children are around as it completely changes the life one once had.

To me he is whiny, but again, as I have said, if he is indeed diagnosed as clinically depressed, then I would have some sympathy, but now I don't, he has to man up, tough aren't I, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl I feel the same way you do about it. I've seen so many things posted about him online. Many people feel he's gay, has a thyroid problem, wants a divorce etc. I think even a weekend away alone might help them as a couple. He definitely needs to talk to someone and realize that they kids aren't going to be young forever. There will be other issues, but not the exhaustion etc. that comes with dealing with children their age.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl I feel the same way you do about it. I've seen so many things posted about him online. Many people feel he's gay, has a thyroid problem, wants a divorce etc. I think even a weekend away alone might help them as a couple. He definitely needs to talk to someone and realize that they kids aren't going to be young forever. There will be other issues, but not the exhaustion etc. that comes with dealing with children their age.

@colliemom4  His eyes are weird, so I have wondered if there is a problem somewhere that causes that.