Honored Contributor

On Decades Channel this weekend, Sat from 1 PM ET to Mon at 7 AM ET. This is a real treat for us older folks who remember this show. Eve Arden was wonderful and a young Richard Crenna too, and Gale Gordon round out the cast. Enjoy!!

For those not familiar with this show, it is a sitcom based on the life of an unmarried high school teacher in the early to middle 50's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Our Miss Brooks Marathon

Love this series!  Will tune in when not watching LivePD or March Madness.

Honored Contributor

Eve Arden was such a gifted comedienne.  That sardonic drawl;   the long, Jack Benny-esque "take" when, eyes wide, she would stare into space at the absurdity of it all...

Love her!

Trusted Contributor

Ah shoot, we don’t get that channel. Loved her and anything she was in. Oh that clueless Mr Boynton

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle

I love Eve Arden!   She was so great.  I forgot all about her--thanks for the pleasant reminder.

And how about  those crazy teens from the 50s?   LOL

I remember the one with a nasally voice - I have to look it up Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Blast from the past!  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a huge fan of Richard Crenna!  That goofy character he played always reminded me of my oldest brother.

I'll be watching!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up.  Our Miss Brooks was a little before my time though I have heard it on radio a few times in recent years.  Ms. Arden was just as good on radio, if not better, than she was on TV!  My introduction to her was in the 1960's sitcom The Mothers-in-Law, in which she starred with the terrific Kaye Ballard:

mothers in law.jpgRe: Waterford TSV

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  You lucky duck. I see my fave WKRP in Cincinnati is starting in April on MEtv. I don't get the channel unfortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Our Miss Brooks!!  Will be watching,