Honored Contributor

Re: Oscars Will Be Without A Host This Year

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I use to like to watch the awards but it has all gotten to political now.

I agree. 

I heard somewhere recently that many Americans have stopped watching award shows because they have no need to hear out of touch millionaire celebrities' opinions on political matters.

???

Don't think that's the reason, but I'm sure certain political media sites will say that. 🙄 The fact is...it's just too long & boring.

They've become too long, too boring, and too political, coupled with the notion, as someone mentioned above, that the movies and the 'stars' have become a bit obscure for many people.

@stevieb 

Totally Agree!!! The whole Oscar Awards faded when Hollywood lost it's luster and glam.....the "top stars" are "so so" and pretty much interchangeable .....  many of the movies aren't very creative, imaginative, or engaging and more of the same ole, same ole in plots....and we just dont give a darn what these Gollywood "stars" think about anything.....Woman Frustrated  A bit of a borefest overall.......not worth the investment of time and effort....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I use to like to watch the awards but it has all gotten to political now.

I agree. 

I heard somewhere recently that many Americans have stopped watching award shows because they have no need to hear out of touch millionaire celebrities' opinions on political matters.

You are correct.  Btw: Did you happen to catch the opening of the Golden Globes? Ricky Gervais was superb! And brilliantly accurate!🔥

Honored Contributor

@LaurenCats4,  I don't watch award shows, but I also Ricky Gervais' monologue online soon after, as it deservedly "went viral".  Very funny, sardonic and on target.  

Respected Contributor

@LaurenCats4 

I did see it the day after- LOVED it!  I am glad he had the never to say it.  It was well needed.

Honored Contributor

They should post the winners online or announce them on tv in the morning like they do the nominees. The show is just a love fest they have for each other....and a chance to throw nasty insults to those they don’t agree with. No thanks. Can’t recall the last time I watched.
Valued Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl totally agree. Award shows are way too political and I no longer watch.