Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oscars Will Be Without A Host This Year

How about we just do without the Oscars????!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I use to like to watch the awards but it has all gotten to political now.

I agree. 

I heard somewhere recently that many Americans have stopped watching award shows because they have no need to hear out of touch millionaire celebrities' opinions on political matters.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I agree. 

I heard somewhere recently that many Americans have stopped watching award shows because they have no need to hear out of touch millionaire celebrities' opinions on political matters.

???

Don't think that's the reason, but I'm sure certain political media sites will say that. 🙄 The fact is...it's just too long & boring.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I agree. 

???

Don't think that's the reason, but I'm sure certain political media sites will say that. 🙄 The fact is...it's just too long & boring.

i agree.

Esteemed Contributor

I can only say why I have stopped watching. My two reasons are the condescending politics and movies don't appeal to me like they used to. In all the FB groups and the real people in my life politics is the reason they give. I am sure Hollywood wonders why the ratings are down. Could be a simple answer such as too many televised award shows and who needs to watch a boring show when the highlights are online within minutes. I think I knew about Ricky's jokes before he was actually done.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I agree. 

???

They've become too long, too boring, and too political, coupled with the notion, as someone mentioned above, that the movies and the 'stars' have become a bit obscure for many people.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I agree. 

???

probably a bit of both, and while movie stars can have a political postion, imo . that's not the place for it 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I agree. 

???

probably a bit of both, and while movie stars can have a political postion, imo . that's not the place for it 

I stopped watching long ago.

With immediate reaction on social media, I never watch 'single-digit TV'

anymore.  All the highlights are on Twitter.  The awards shows just

draaaag on too long with too many commercials & long speeches

(length, not content).  If there's a drop in ratings, it's because of the

streaming devices we have today. Live TV is becoming a dinosaur.