Honored Contributor

Oscars - What Did You Think??

It's a thumbs down from me.  I did not care for the format.  It was quite BORING.  I was expecting that they would sing the songs nominated.  I mean it's Hollywood they could have made arrangements for singers.  Even the fashion was not that great.   How about you what did you think?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Oscars - What Did You Think??

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

It's a thumbs down from me.  I did not care for the format.  It was quite BORING.  I was expecting that they would sing the songs nominated.  I mean it's Hollywood they could have made arrangements for singers.  Even the fashion was not that great.   How about you what did you think?

I loved the format and the location - what great architecture. Apparently you missed the red carpet on ABC. They played all the songs during the red carpet. I think this was great because it gave the winners more time to talk. Also, I don't know what fashion you were looking at, but I thought this was the best fashion in a long time. I did not see one dress I did not think was beautiful. They showed more fashion on "E" during the red carpet (than on ABC) so you may not have seen all the dresses. I was switching channels back and forth so I did not miss anything. Even the stylists on "E" said that there was not a bad dress at the event.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I didn't watch it but have heard who some of the winners were.  Looking forward to seeing some of those movies.  

Esteemed Contributor

All things considered,  I think the ceremony was reasonably well done.

All nominated songs were sung, most quite fabulously, and many fashions were absolutely Oscar Award worthy.

Honored Contributor

The Oscars were on???

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Theaters closed but they have to celebrate and hand out awards.

Honored Contributor

DId not watch. Good films are not about the Oscars.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not certain where movie theaters are still closed by mandate completely, but here in NYC capacity expands from 25% to 33% effective today.  Reports are that business has been brisk since the reopenings.

Trusted Contributor

Boring.  Flipped back and forth a few times.  With the pandemic I saw none of the movies nominated.  

Honored Contributor

Even in the rare year when I have seen many of the movies and performances nominated, I have found I often watch the red carpet for a while,then take a long nap only to wake up for the last several awards.

The Oscars are like an office party, but a party for people I do not work with.  Not my idea of a good night.