Esteemed Contributor

Oscars! Crashing! Posters? Bashing!

[ Edited ]

Wow! Just released Nielsen numbers report a massive decline in Oscar viewership to 9.85 million.  Worse than even I anticipated; I was thinking about 14-15 million. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Oscar Viewership Crashes!

[ Edited ]

That's 9.8 million too many.

The days of actual stars and real acting are all gone.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched the Oscars for eons.  Too much drama and "look at me" attitude.  Most of them are so phony.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm just old but when you've never heard of the movies or actor's  names, you sort of lose interest. With streaming services being so prevalent now, I'm wondering if movies will become obsolete? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I feel lucky to have been one of the 50,000 permitted to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not surprised!! Not being able to go to the movies is a downer for many people. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never, ever watched the Oscars.  I don't care about celebrities.  They've got a job to do just like everybody else.  Their job is acting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems like a lot of the really big names didn't bother to come to present either......I wonder if for some of the winners, if it feels kind of anti climatic to not have been held in the huge auditorium that it normally is held in with thousands and thousands of other people, if they somehow feel cheated, and also all of the after Oscar Parties and the huge Wolfgang Puck Dinner???

Trusted Contributor

I want to see Nomandland when it comes out on streaming.  Even when things get back to normal I doubt if I ever step foot in at movie theatre again.  Don't have to put up with people being on their cell phones in the dark theater and listening to people crunch on their popcorn. 

Honored Contributor

I've never watched these 'award shows', it's nothing more that an event to show off their wealth, IMO!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.