Honored Contributor

Such irony to live into your 90’s and then to lose your life being hit by a car. He had a remarkable career and I remember from many years ago...always upbeat on What’s My Line? and other shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Article said he was jay walking....it was just a terrible accident....drivers were not impaired.....so sad

Not impaired and not attentive...two different things. 

The first driver wasn’t watching the road, the second was following too closely to see the body on the road ahead of him. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@henderson wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

A terrible shame!  Idiot, inattentive drivers!!

It was reported that he was jaywalking.

If you’re not between the lines you’re fair game?

Of course not, but if he was randomly walking out into the street at night vs. being in a marked crosswalk or something, and the drivers are not being blamed, that is an accident.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   I reread my post and recognized my mistake,,,,,corrected,.  Thanks for your catching my typos.Heart

Honored Contributor

What a shame..........To live to be 92 and in good/decent health and mobility, and then to have this happen........it breaks my heart. Heart

RIP, and, from my heart, condolences to his family and dear friends.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that, @catter70.  What a tragic incident.  He was always an interesting actor who has been in so many things over his lengthy career.  Also a kooky and entertaining interview, great raconteur.

He stood out even in small roles, like the young Army psychiatrist Jimmy Stewart got to testify on behalf of his client, Ben Gazarra, in "Anatomy of a Murder".  RIP.

@Oznell  I was just enjoying watching him this morning on an old episode of Will and Grace when he and Piper Laurie appeared to be the ghost of Christmas future for Will and Grace.  Made me laugh out loud at their performances so it was even more upsetting to hear about this today.  I also enjoy watching him on Match Game reruns as you can see/hear his natural wit on full display.  RIP Mr. Bean and thanks for the chuckles . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Article said he was jay walking....it was just a terrible accident....drivers were not impaired.....so sad

Not impaired and not attentive...two different things. 

The first driver wasn’t watching the road, the second was following too closely to see the body on the road ahead of him. 

First driver wasn't watching the road?

That's not what the Police are saying.

Los Angeles police say a pedestrian was walking in the area of

Venice Boulevard and Shell Avenue when he was clipped by

one vehicle and fell.

Other bystanders tried to warn a second driver, but he also struck

the pedestrian. Police say the second collision was fatal.

Both drivers stayed at the scene.

"The car coming westbound did not see him and clipped him and

he went down," said Los Angeles Police Department

Capt. Brian Wendling. "A second vehicle was coming up,

was distracted by people trying to slow him down and then

looked up and then a second traffic collision occurred and

that one was fatal."

Investigators say the initial indication is this was just a tragic accident.
It appears Bean had come from between two vehicles when

he was crossing the street and was not seen by the drivers.

It appears to be a large 3-lanes-each-way road.

Not the quiet little side road I believe many are envisioning. 
I would guess the speed limit is 35-40mph on a road like that. 
Or it could be the smaller Shell Street....either way, it looks like 

heavily travelled area.

5B2E02D8-7C88-4F18-96EE-C6B995A96567.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad.  I remember him from game shows many years ago and also on Desperate Housewives.

May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

very sad to hear!

he was trying to cross the street to get to the theater where his wife was to perform in a play. Smiley Sad

i remember him in a lot of things, but i especially remember him from game shows and from dr quinn medicine woman.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
Who was he on Desperate Housewives? I watched that but don't remember him on it.