Respected Contributor

I just saw on the news that veteran actor, Orson Bean, was hit and killed in a pedestrian accident. He was hit by first car and he fell down and then was hit by second car. RIP.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that, @catter70.  What a tragic incident.  He was always an interesting actor who has been in so many things over his lengthy career.  Also a kooky and entertaining interview, great raconteur.

He stood out even in small roles, like the young Army psychiatrist Jimmy Stewart got to testify on behalf of his client, Ben Gazarra, in "Anatomy of a Murder".  RIP.

Honored Contributor

Image result for orson bean

I enjoyed him on Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

What a lousy way to leave this earth, being struck by a car like that.  May he rest in peace.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Aww,no.  Such a sad way to end.  He had a long varied career  still working to the end. 

I first heard of him WAY back when hed did voice over work for the Rankin-Bass animated movies of the Hobbit and lord of the rings.  From there I kept seeing him in things like the twilight zone up to now.  Rest in Peace Orson. you done a good job.

Respected Contributor

Mr. Bean is survived by his wife, Alley Mills, who played Kevin Arnold's mom on The Wonder Years. She also played beside him in some of the Dr. Quinn shows.

Honored Contributor

Ninty-one and still working.  What a tragic accident.  I've been interested in reading his Me and the Orgone.  Rest in Peace.

Honored Contributor

Sad news. I used to see him on game shows.

Esteemed Contributor

A terrible shame!  Idiot, inattentive drivers!!

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Very sad news.  I always really liked him.

Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

A terrible shame!  Idiot, inattentive drivers!!

It was reported that he was jaywalking.