Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I enjoyed Oprah when she first had her show. She always had interesting guests and topics. What I did not like was her audience. I could not understand why she was put on a pedestal. To me she was just a TV personality who had good luck, and some talent. Now I get the feeling all this went to her head. I think she thinks if she says it it must be the “ best.” Well guess what, I can think for myself!

I wonder if it isn't Oprah, but those who think Oprah is the "best" that elevate her influence.  Without admirers, she would just be another former talk-show host.

New Contributor

I'm sure that the author had no problem with the financial gain that being featured by Oprah brought him. Her bookclub made many authors very happy.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

What I did not like was her audience. I could not understand why she was put on a pedestal.

tenor.gifwhistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Hahahahahah  You said it's an old show, maybe she did that in the 90's and stopped in the 2000's ....  

Valued Contributor

Oprah - total narcissist and SO NOT relevant.

Respected Contributor

Love Oprah! Trust her opinion on books- have read many of her recommendations and never regretted it. I never got to watch her show because I was always working, but got a glimpse of Ellen's show the other day, and thought the gifts for all audience members were fabulous. And the audience reaction was priceless. That is definitely an "Oprah" influence!

Honored Contributor
As for the audience, If I received some of the gifts that she gave away to them, I would be jumping up and down also.
Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@mintedrose:  I like Oprah and have always admired her and all of her many accomplishments. However, I don't care for her interview style. You are right, she doesn't give the person she's interviewing the full opportunity to express their thoughts or fully answer the questions she asks. Ultimately, the interview ends up reflecting Oprah's views for the most part. 

@Diva on The Q  Sounds like many of the Q hosts.