Honored Contributor

I saw that video, I'm happy that the only thing she hurt was her pride.  As heavy as she is, she should have had sensible shoes on since she was walking up and down a stage.  But I did bust out laughing.  She was talking about balance issues with older women!  It appears she wasn't taking her own advice!  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wonder why she would just fall... she was hardly moving.. She does wear shoes that are dangerous expecially for anyone over 60. Maybe she needs to start wearing flats.

I laughed for 10 full minutes once I saw that she didn't hurt herself.  I took one of those balance classes for older women.  She wasn't following the advice she was giving all those other women.  Sensible, slip resistant shoes when walking distances or standing for any length of time.  Oprah was more concerned with looking cute than setting an example for the women who paid money for that class.

Honored Contributor

Why is it necessary to state one isn't a fan before commenting? 

it was an accident and trying to make more of it than it is an excuse to talk smack about her. But I guess OP knows this. 

whatever. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Why is it necessary to state one isn't a fan before commenting? 

it was an accident and trying to make more of it than it is an excuse to talk smack about her. But I guess OP knows this. 

whatever. 

@GenXmuse  - you know the answer to your question. Accidents, family problems, medical issues attached to some celebrities seems to be fodder for some here.

i notice anything posted about O is typically bait for hate. But hey, a little break for fashion and beauty forums! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
That had to be scary for her as well as those who saw her fall...hope she doesn’t have any problems from the fall now....sometimes you don’t really feel it until later.
Valued Contributor

As I get older,I can feel my balance getting worse.I try to concentrate on my core.

One of my kitties is always tripping me. He thinks I forgot where the kitchen is.He is always ready to esccort me there for his treats.I told DH if he finds me dead on the floor,don't call Dateline.It was the cat!Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I took a balance and vestibular class that involved building the body's core, positioning the body while standing and walking, along with awareness of head movements, and many other wonderful ideas and exercises.  If one is available near you, I highly advise it.  I have fallen more because of Achilles issues and problems with inner ear balance, even  while wearing flats. The techniques learned in the class helped me to minimize damage.

@Zernia Rose 

I'm going through balance exercises in physical therapy at the moment.  I had a rather bad fall in November and it caused all sorts of balance and posture problems!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Your moves sound amazing.  I need to learn some simple moves to get started, but I don't think there is anything in my area.

Will check YouTube.

My balance is a bit o fan issue as I've aged.  I tried Yoga, but got queasy going through the motions.  I was always car sick as a child, so I have to be careful with that, too.

Always something!

Frequent Contributor

Once in yoga class, we were bent over, touching our toes, as I stood up straight, I managed to step on the hem of my yoga pant cuff. I stumbled, but did not fall. I happened to glance at the teacher, at the same time, the both of us burst out laughing. No one else in the class knew what we were laughing at. I think all those tree poses kept me from falling. 

Trusted Contributor

Alratiba, I hope your balance class works for you.  I learned so much about holding my body in position and walking.  Good luck.