Honored Contributor

Wonder why she would just fall... she was hardly moving.. She does wear shoes that are dangerous expecially for anyone over 60. Maybe she needs to start wearing flats.

Respected Contributor

I saw that video.  I could not tell if she may have caught the hem of her trousers????  Maybe the floor was slick and her high heel slid????

I am not an Oprah fan but I hope she was not injured and does not have any medical condition.  I am her age and I tripped on the curb while doing my daily brisk walk and fell.  Thankfully I had no serious injury but man did I have some sore muscles after that!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

honestly, it looks like her ankle gave out or she just did not place her heel firmly on the ground. when i was wearing higher heels i definitely had some OOPS moments. i have no doubt she is feeling quite sore today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKHf7Ng_js

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Oh my. I just looked it up and it said she was talking about balance in her life at a Wellness Conference.   Looks like her shoe slipped on something. 

Respected Contributor

That was a bad fall. She claimed it WAS from her shoes. She kicked them off and went barefoot for the rest of her presentation.  Glad she didn't appear to be hurt.

I know I had to give up heels/wedges, or any shoes that didn't offer stability, when I was still young. One ankle sprain does the job for some.

As a senior, now, I would never try to wear them. It's not worth it.  Well, maybe for a quick photo op, then I'd throw them back in my costume box Woman Wink.

Trusted Contributor

As many people she probably employes, was there not one person that could have run on stage to immeditaley assist her?

The floor was slippery, and the shoes had no traction.

Honored Contributor

She wasn't using a podium. just standing alone on stage delivering a speech.  I'd probably want a podium, just to steady myself, just in case.

Honored Contributor

I don't think her age has anything to do with it, maybe her weight and center of gravity.  She is top heavy.  But, have you seen the videos of models on the runway shows tripping and falling on their shoes?  I haven't seen the video of Oprah, but I'm over 60 and I still wear high heels.  Yes, my ankle wobbles on occasion if I step on a rock or uneven surface or something, but no more than when I was younger.  

Honored Contributor

I cringe when I see it, I guess because I have a fear of falling and breaking something. I'm glad she is ok.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I wore a pair of shoes slightly big recently to a meeting.  The building had a floor that is slick as glass.  These were not high high heels either.

As I was walking out I slipped, my ankle turned and my foot came out of the side of the shoe and down I went.  In a pile.  I was mortified.  

It can happen to most people!