Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah Winfrey Joins 60 Minutes As Special Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Graciesmom wrote:

Why doesn't she just use her OWN network ??  She does have that TV Network doesn't she ??  Why go to CBS ...

No one watches it?

Ya, we'd have to pay extra $$ to watch OWN. I just completely got rid of my cable....buh-bye!! That will save me almost $1200.00 per year, just for BASIC channels. What a supreme waste of money.  Btw, paying that amount of money, & I didn't get O's channel (I wouldn't have watched it anyway). 

I was going to connect an antenna just to get the local channels, but I decided not to. I'm watching my DVD's, like Frasier, Big Bang, etc.  There's no commercials- it's fantastic. I stopped watching the Seahawks last year, so I'm done. 

Good for you!

I admire you for getting rid of cable. 

I think it is funny that we have a choice of SO MANY stations and there are still occasions, that there is nothing on TV that interests you. And yet there are times you are sitting watching a show and you think why am I wasting my time watching this. So I try not to turn on the TV.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Wow!! Some of the comments. I did not know that there was so much hatred out there for her.  As for the WW comment I am not sure how she ruined the program. I joined because of her and I am down 15lbs and counting.

I use to be a huge fan of 60 minutes. I would watch the shows with my grandmother. I am not big on change, so once the old timers started dying out I sort of drifted away. I have not watched the show in many years. I do plan on giving it a try since she is going to be on. I will check it out. If I like it I will continue to watch if I do not like the show I will stop.

To each his own.

@icezeus

I don't think it's actually hatred .... more like people thought she just got waaaay too full of herself, egotistical and overexposed.   

Who in their right mind puts their own photo on the cover of a magazine month after month, year after year .... it's just too much Oprah, IMO.  

I don't have a problem with her photo on her magazine but it does make me wonder what happens if something happens to her?  Does the magazine fold or keep on? 

And I don't think it's hatred either just overexposure and she had a home chef couldn't he have cooked the weight watchers program for her?

Esteemed Contributor

There will always be those women who think just because someone is a woman we have to like her. No we don't. We can use lots of other factors to decide if we like them or not. I don't hate her, I just don't find her to be the second coming as others do.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

It was a very well done, professional piece.  

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

*gag!*

I won't be watching.

Can't stand the woman.

To me she is sort of like Paula Deen because at first I liked her, then she just got so "all knowing" and loud and brassy.  Like many, she hasn't been my cup of tea for a long time.

People start out seeming nice then get star struck and narcissistic and yuck it's all over for me.  I just can't take the attitude. 

Respected Contributor

I'll be watching 60 minutes tonight to see what kind of letters they read at the end commenting on her segment but they will probably only read 2  one for her and one against her.