Super Contributor

Re: Oprah Winfrey Joins 60 Minutes As Special Contributor

YOU GO GIRL!

Esteemed Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@GSPgirl She has showed up for Gayle from the beginning..before she was known as O.....and Gayle anchored at WFSB-TV3 in CT.

I never knew Gayle had an earlier career as an anchor.  I thought she was new to broadcasting cause she seemed inexperienced to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good for her! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

I wonder if the ratings for 60 minutes are down. I won't be watching -- not a big Oprah fan. 

Super Contributor

@Snoopp She has a connection and it has opened many doors for her..she is really a nice person..what you see on television is the same person you will find behind the scenes...her ace in the hole is her bestfriend. Wondering when her contract is up with the morning show.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle King was a television anchor in Connecticut year ago

Oprah Winfrey started out as a journalist and worked her way to the top in Chicago on a morning show. 

It depends on the story whether or not I will watch. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

I always wondered what her relationship with CBS was.  She shows up on the morning show and her best friend hosts it.  I wonder if there is more to this story?  She ruined WW, so I doubt I'll be watching. 

Hmm, how did she ruin WW?  It's my understanding that WW made changes in their program as they often do.  Oprah signed on because she liked the changes and bought stock in the program.  If you're talking about ruining it by being a spokesperson, I would disagree as long as she's losing weight.  Personally, I don't like the new program and dropped out of it but I can't blame Oprah for that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I'm thrilled that Oprah will be doing  special stories for 60 Minutes!! I wish she would revamp her show on OWN.Not to do it 5 days a week but maybe once a week. It would be great to see her do it again!!

Honored Contributor

If she does something like "where are they now", that would be good, I like that program.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

*gag!*

I won't be watching.

Can't stand the woman.